Project Coordinator Jobs – MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organisation: MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to; Manager, Social and Health Engagement Programmes
MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd is a privately registered company in Uganda located in Masaka (Reg. No. 214514). MOD runs a social enterprise business model. “We search, develop, innovate and execute evidence based sustainable business solution models to emerging public health and social problems in our communities.” MOD cultivates a balanced public health and research ecosystem and committed to strengthen partnerships with private and public health institutions, professionals, and researchers to influence positive action. Our model is designed in accordance with the MOD’s Strategic Business plan 2017-2021 that highlights the company’s financial and social objectives, mission, vision, marketplace dynamics, client needs or capabilities and legal environment. MOD underpins its social and health impact on five core values summarized as PECIT;
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing weekly coordination, technical support supervision to project officers and engaged community structures (Sub-county Coordinators, SINOVUYO facilitators, safe space mentors, local Artisans) on the quality of implementation of DREAMS project activities in Luweero district. He/she will be responsible for developing and supervising monthly field activity performance work plans in collaboration with project officers, MEA&L Officer and Mildmay Uganda district technical staff. The applicant will ensure that project activities result in intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. In addition, the Project Coordinator will build the capacity of engaged DREAMS community structures in quality project implementation and assurance in accordance to project guidelines and demonstrate impact. He/she will be responsible for preparing and submitting monthly and quarterly narrative reports on project progress to authorized heads of departments for submission to Mildmay Uganda as per allocated reporting deadlines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support supervision to project officers on weekly development and timely submission of performance activity work plans, budget and follow up on accountabilities.
- Provide technical support supervision to project officers and engaged community structures on the quality of enrolment of AGYW according to DREAMS segments in Luweero district.
- Provide technical support supervision to project officers and Sub county coordinators on the quality of implementation and provision of quarterly and integrated HIV testing services (HCT, Post Violence Care, Linkage for VMMC &ART, Expanded and family planning and Condom Provision) to AGYW and their male partners.
- Ensure that both model and community safe spaces are actively maintained for provision of DREAMS integrated HIV testing and prevention services to AGYW.
- Work with district structures to ensure constant availability and distribution of project logistics (HIV Testing kits, condoms and FP commodities) at the health facilities and safe spaces.
- Support formation of male action groups for male partners services (HTS, linkage for VMMC and ART).
- Work with the M&E department to ensure weekly update and proper documentation of DREAMS service tools
- Support formation and functionality of Girl Empowerment forums (GEF) and committees at subcounty and district.
- Actively participate in project data quality assessment (DCA) activities at the subcounty and district.
- Work with the M& E Officer to conduct regular data reviews at the safe spaces for quality improvement
- Coordinate quarterly district steering committee meetings for project performance review.
- Compile and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly narrative project reports against project performance monitoring plan for the district.
- Participate in monthly documentation of success stories from project beneficiaries during the implementation of DREAMS project activities.
- Participate in continuous staff professional development, knowledge translation and thesis activities for learning and idea generation.
- Ensure that MOD‘s image, vision and core values are adhered to, well communicated and protected throughout the implementation of project activities.
- Carry out any other duties as may arise from time to time and as may be assigned by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration or a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies/Community psychology or a Degree in a related field.
- A post graduate diploma in project management or a Masters in Public Health or Community Development or Community psychology will be greatly an added advantage.
- Hold a valid class a driving permit with at least one year experience in motorcycle/Motorvehicle driving.
- Five years of experience in project planning and management.
- Knowledge and experience in HIV and AIDS, reproductive health and community programming.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively coordinate district implementing partners (IPs) and community structures.
- Knowledge of DREAMS project & service uptake tools is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of OVC tools and reporting is an added advantage.
- Ready to start work immediately and reside in Luweero district
- Recommendation from current/previous employer/supervisor/Mentor (Any).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their job post application letter, valid academic documents (Certificates & Transcripts), National ID, and Not more than a three (3) page detailed resume (CV) with two strong professional referees to the:
Human Resource Manager,
MOD Public Health Consultants Ltd
Plot 20, Birch Avenue
P.O. Box 910, Masaka, Uganda
Tel Office: (+256)485660637
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com
Deadline: 7th January 2019 by 5:00pm