Project Coordinator Jobs – Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Organisation: Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Executive Officer
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA is Sub Recipient to Global Fund (UGA-C-TASO 1449) under the new funding model implemented in partnership with TASO and aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will provide technical leadership to the project staff implementing activities in areas of operation and ensure timely reporting and accountability for all project activities in areas of jurisdiction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project managements and Co-ordination:
- Coordinating, planning and reporting and ability to actively support project teams to manage competing work priorities.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual project work Plans and Budgets
- Supervise staff within jurisdiction, while mentoring them to deliver Project results and deliverables
- Supervise and monitor implementation and compliance with the approved donor budget and work Plans
- Ensure proper utilization and accountability for all resources allocated to staff
- Represent UDHA in the Sector Working Groups at district levels
- Build sound and mutually respectable relations with the communities and stakeholders served by the project
- Support in the effective monitoring of donor grants allocated to projects, ensuring
- appropriate reporting and documentation is in place
- Ability to build productive working relationships, influence and engage others, excellent
- interpersonal skills, working effectively with others, listening, understanding
- and achieving appropriate results.
- Compile reports and success stories on the project, developing and enforcing protocols for storage and use of information.
Logistics and Administration:
- Support and organize key project meetings and events
- Maintain records – set up and maintain project files, establishing document control procedures
- Maintain quality register, other registers and logs as necessary.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure project documentation is collected and maintained in such a way to assist donor reporting and the M&E requirements of the programme
- Prepare timely periodic progress reports as determined by the Executive Officer for submission to donors and UDHA board
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Executive Director or his/her designee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Development studies or related disciplines.
- Post Graduate qualifications in Development studies, Project planning and management, training in HIV/AIDs care and programs, M&E and related courses will be an added advantage.
- Three years of working experience in SRHR, HIV, TB, family planning, and health Systems strengthening and programming
- Familiar with working with Non-Governmental organizations in a rural settings of Uganda, and familiar with health system functions.
- Presentation, facilitation and training, analytical and report writing skills
- Good communication skills and positive attitude to team work
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
- Time management skills with strong organizational management skills.
- Knowledge of programme management standards, tools and techniques applicable to the project.
- Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
- Decision making
- Sound judgment and the confidence to take independent action;
- A high degree of initiative and persistence combined with high levels of discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex information, use initiative in seeking solutions.
How to Apply:
All interested competent and qualified persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, certified copies of Academic transcripts, day time telephone contacts and e-mail addresses of three referees addressed to the;
The Acting Executive Officer,
Uganda Development and Health Associates,
P.O. Box 77, Iganga.
Electronic Submissions (not exceeding 2MBS in PDF) can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 21st February 2020 by 5:00pm
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE