Project Coordinator NGO Jobs – World Vision International
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Grants Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will oversee and ensure that all activities related to project are implemented in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed World Vision Uganda, and Donor Guidelines, and provide leadership and coordination for all aspects related to project activities in the designated 10 districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management and development
- Provide overall leadership, management and guidance to the implementation of the project
- Guide and provide technical support to project staff.
- Manage and coordinate project activity implementation.
- Strengthen capacity of implementing partners when and where necessary as per project design
- Review project documents
Project Monitoring and Evaluation, documentation and reporting
- Facilitate effective monitoring, documentation and reporting in compliance with agreed standards
- In liaison with the Evidence and learning specialists, ensure a functional project M&E system
- Timely submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Effectively document all information related to project success, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms
Performance management and supervision
- Manage, supervise and build capacity of staff to implement, monitor and report on the project activities as required including ensuring that work within the team is planned and organized to meet the projects needs in the most cost effective manner
- Conduct quarterly and annual staff performance appraisals
- Monitor and document performance of partners
- Ensure staff are fully engaged and actively contributing to various initiatives
- Establish a staff partnership mechanism aligning performance to WVI global strategy and ensure that all staff are aware of and comply with WVU policies and procedures
Finance/budget and asset management
- Manage project finances and assets in line with WV and donor policies
- Budget management and control- project budget expenditure is within the planned time frame and approved budgets.
- Financial management – work with the project accountant(s) to ensure timely financial reporting and accountability in line with donor policy guidelines.
- Provide required support during project audit
- Risk management – Monitor and address or report any risks to management.
- Asset management – manage assets for the project in line with assets and other policy and set guidelines.
Local level Networking and collaboration
- Build and maintain effective strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other LOCAL stakeholders for effective implementation of the project.
- Engage and work closely with district and national level networks/institutions/organizations relevant to promoting and increasing adoption of quality declared seeds through local seed business model
- Collaborate with different research institutions to enhance timely access to quality basic/ foundation and breeder seeds for QDS production.
- Ensure project advocacy initiatives are implemented in line with WVUs Advocacy agenda
- Strengthen the Northern Uganda Local Seed Business Association(NULSBA) through organizing multi-stakeholders meetings
- Organize and hold regular reflection and/or learning meetings with project stakeholders as planned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Project Coordinator job must hold a Masters’ degree in: Natural Resources Management, Environmental Management, Forestry, Agriculture, Renewable Energy or related discipline from reputable university.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Development Studies and related courses
- At least 7 years project management and managing dispersed teams will be important in an international NGO
- At least 5 years’ post graduate experience preferably with an International NGO in facilitating evergreen agriculture/FMNR Development programs will be added advantage
- Must have a passion for Agro-forestry, sustainable land management, natural resource management, rural energy, eco-agriculture and related activities. Willing to learn more on issues related to agro forestry, sustainable land management, eco-agriculture, natural resource management, rural energy, climate change and carbon markets;
- Business background in cooperatives, organization development and agro value chains
- Ability to work and communicate in cross-cultural environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agricultural, forestry, natural resource management, rural energy and environmental organizations, business community and government officials;
- Experience in developing natural resource program strategies, approaches and models.
- Experience in program design, proposal writing, and resource mobilization.
- Experience in networking and strategic relationships management.
- Good research, evidence-generation, policy debate and advocacy skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to make decisions;
- Has an in depth knowledge in the functioning of evergreen agriculture/natural resource development programmes/projects
- Practical skills in facilitating communities’ understanding and application of evergreen agriculture/FMNR approaches in agricultural production and marketing
- Particular skills in facilitating farmer collective actions for sustainable agricultural production and marketing
- Has skills and experience in facilitating development of sustainable market linkages with chain actors
- Knowledge and Skills in gender analysis and participatory methodologies
- Broad knowledge and understanding of district, national and eastern African regional and global natural resource management and market dynamics
- Is creative and has a sense for innovation and experiments
- Has excellent interpersonal, facilitation and business negotiation skills.
- A working knowledge of strategic Learning through Evaluation Accountability and Planning is an asset
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae. Apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 31st May 2020