Project Coordinator NGO Jobs – World Vision International
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Technical Program Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will provide innovative professional and operational support to enhance technical soundness of WVU Education programs in line with the World Vision education strategic direction and in accordance with the national and international education programming standards and priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Quality Education project (Addressing Barriers to Learning outcomes (ABLE))
- Ensure that in the project interventions are in line with the project design
- Ensure timely implementation of the ABLE project activities within the acceptable ratios
- Ensure quality timely implementation of project activities within acceptable and allowable limits
- Manage the ABLE project budget and submit timely financial reports
- Initiate and participate in education district and cluster Advocacy initiatives
Capacity building and training
- Tasked with the mobilization of CCTs, SMCs and PTAs and conducting trainings to build capacities in project models
- Provide mentoring and coaching to education program officers field officers and teachers and coordinate local level capacity and local linkages to enrolment and retention
- Identify technical experts to train teachers, SMCs and project partners
- Work closely with the project manager and the National office technical specialist on staff capacity building in Education.
Engagement and networking
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the District level.
- Participate in all meetings involving quality education partners, the district and other partners
- Identify opportunities that present through networks and relationships with other institutions and organizations and NGOs working in the areas of improving enrolment and retention
- Support local level staff to facilitate local level advocacy
- Effectively document all information related to project successes and best practices and sharing it in education magazines and special newspaper publications.
- Create a bank of pictures, videos, aired radio programs and most significant change stories on the project in Amuria and PAder
- Responsible for capturing school data on enrolment, retention and completion and support the PM to engage
- Support the project output & outcome monitoring process in liaison with the Senior DME officer
Project management and coordination
- Supervise, guide and provide technical support to partners and staff on the project
- Manage and coordinate education project activity implementation.
- Carry out field based review meetings with project staff and local facilitators.
- Participate in developing project based on the detailed implementation plan, and project design processes
- Track financial management and budgets allocated for the project activities
- Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports to the direct supervisors.
- Support processes of project baselines and evaluation of ABLE
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Child Project Coordinator job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences or other degree with a diploma in education.
- Three years of relevant experience in Education programming with reputable institution, national or international NGO
- Good understanding of education concepts and issues in development context especially in Uganda
- Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management
- Working knowledge of data analysis software such as SPSS, Ms Excel, stata
- Demonstrated experience and skill in research, analysis and report writing
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with a passion for sharing knowledge
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 1st July 2018