Project Finance Officer NGO Jobs – SNV Netherlands Development Organization
Organisation: SNV Netherlands Development Organization
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organizational founded in the Netherlands in 1965; and currently maintains a global presence in 30 countries; across Africa, Asia and Latin America. SNV has been present in Uganda since 1989 and currently undertakes donor funded programming within 100+ districts across the country. As an organisation, SNV focuses on the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors and maintains the belief that no one should have to live in poverty; and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development. SNV contributes to programming within the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors by strengthening the capacities of targeted partners and communities at the field level; in order to realize increased skill sets and sustainable performance; reduce poverty levels, expand employment; improve food security; while paying special attention to gender equity, social inclusion of marginalized groups and stakeholder accountability.
Job Summary: The Project Finance Officer is part of CRAFT Uganda and SNV Country Organisation. The CRAFT Project Finance Officer supports projects in their financial administration, ensuring the project finance is compliant to SNV policies and procedures as well as donor finance procedures, regulations and guidelines. The CRAFT Project Finance Officer safeguards the finance control of projects, including budget and periodic progress monitoring and takes actions for overall profitability/financial health in line with the budget. The CRAFT Project Finance Officer supports business champions with financial reporting responsibilities and reviews the business case financials for completeness and correctness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Accounting and Administration
- CRAFT finance officer records financial CRAFT project data into systems, monitors and analyses CRAFT project data. Executes, checks and consolidates all necessary activities and checks to assure complete and correct allocation of project costs, in line with financial regulations, SNV financial standards and guidelines and donor requirements.
- CRAFT project finance officer executes the budgeting process and periodically forecasts and supports control, monitors (audit) all financial related activities within the project.
Financial business project control and information
- CRAFT project finance officer regularly provides (requested and non-requested) financial reports, analysis and advice to provide insight in the overall projects financial status in order to safeguard financial performance, profitability and to estimate financial risks and take precautions. All in line with donor and SNV financial guidelines. Provides advice, balancing country interests, relevant regulation, corporate standards and guidelines, taking the project set-up with different donor regulations into account. Guides the Project Manager with country budgets, country project administrations and country project reviews in multiple country projects.
- CRAFT project finance officer provides financial reports to meet both internal and external donor requirements. Supports the project manager in being compliant to internal- and external procedures and regulations and SNV and donor guidelines regarding the financial administration of projects.
Support to Business Development
- Assists in development of budgets in proposals. Guides and oversees qualification process for grants if applicable.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the SNV Netherlands Development Organization Project Finance Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce, Business management, Business Administration, Science in Accounting or related field;
- Professional accounting qualifications like CPA (U) or ACCA up to final level;
- At least three years of relevant working experience with an international organisation;
- At least three years of relevant working experience working in projects;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Experience with SAP will be an advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by following the procedure;
Deadline: 24th December 2020