Project Manager International NGO Jobs – Humanity & Inclusion (Salary 5.6m)
Organization: Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International Federation)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Responsible to: HI’s Operations Coordinator
Basic Salary: UGX 5,696,889 /=
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
The poverty shift project (Partnership for disability inclusive ultra-poor graduation project, Uganda), is a social economic empowerment and resilient project targeting 2700 ultra poor households (70% and 15% of households respectively where project holder is a woman and or a person with disability). The project will be implemented in the Northern and western regions of Uganda (Kiryandongo, Oyam, Nwoya and Gulu) , the targeting of which is based on need( these regions are characterized by high national average levels of poverty ,social deprivations and disability prevalence). Toward this end, the project brings together three consortium partners with global and local technical and programatic expertise and track record to deliver a disability inclusive ultra poor graduation project to overcome exclusion of ultra poor women and persons with disabilities. This will be achieved through direct intense and time bound support to ultra poor households through interventions packages customised around four(4) graduation approach pillars of; livelihoods, social protection, financial inclusion and social empowerment.
To deliver the above mentioned, the consortia adapted the BRAC’s targeting methodology and leveraged on Humanity and Inclusion (HI) expertise on disability inclusion programming, and NOWODU’s district level women associations and district level DPOs networks. In addition , HI and NUWODU will advise on enterprise selection, adaptation of IGA package, provision of assistive devices and modification of home and work environment to ensure disability specific needs are met and persons with disabilities are enabled to run IGAs. These intervention will enhance skills leading to asset accumulation/diversification, productive autonomy and multiple sources of capital.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the HI’s Operations Coordinator and in coordination with the Consortium Management Unit and the technical support of the HI Technical Unit, the Project Manager will have to create and maintain an environment of strict adherence to professional and HI code of conduct to ensure provision of disability inclusion livelihood opportunities and safeguarding exploitation of beneficiaries by:
Coordinating the poverty shift project
- Manage the poverty shift project in line with project’s contractual obligations.
- Conduct support supervision, participatory reviews, capacity building and engagement with consortium partners as required.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with consortium partners, disabled people organization and government line ministries.
- Ensure inclusion of voices of person with disabilities in heard in the project and enhance their meaningful participation in the decision making process.
- Represent HI in all consortium forums and all other relevant working group in NGO’s fraternity in Uganda.
- Organize relevant project events such as meetings, trainings, reviews and workshops among others.
- Participate in development of proposal and design of projects on disability inclusion project in the HI Uganda Country office.
Building Capacity of staff and consortium partners on disability inclusion
- Conduct and need assessment on disability inclusion and review action points as it relate to consortium partners ,local government entities (district) and conduct capacity building of such.
- Participate in review of barrier and facilitators action points to inform inclusion practices of the consortium partners .
- Ensure availability of appropriate tools in guiding training and other capacity building related activities.
- Mentor and coach the HI team (Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist and MHPSS) and consortium partners on disability inclusion.
- Participate in review of consortium partners policy documents to make them inclusive and conducting advocacy on the same.
Monitoring and reporting In close collaboration with the MEAL team:
- Support project monitoring and evaluation and ensure disaggregation of data in terms of gender, age and disability.
- Document lesson learned and good practices including development of internal and external mechanism for knowledge sharing on disability inclusion in livelihood projects.
- Collect high quality data including stories of change and case studies to feed into HI and consortia MEAL framework.
- Ensure development of high quality project report in collaboration with consortium partners and other stakeholders and ensure timely submission of the same.
- In line with HI and Consortium MEAL framework, monitor and report on the project progress.
Demonstrating ethics, safe, secure and professional practices
- To show professional ethics, respect and promote Humanity and Inclusion Mandate and humanitarian principles at all times
- To respect the Humanity & Inclusion protection of children policy, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy, the anti-fraud bribery and corruption policy and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- To report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
- To contribute to the definition and/or update of security framework at country office.
- To observe at all times strict commitment to Humanity & Inclusion Security & Safety regulations as per procedures in place at mission level.
- To support information internal dissemination to relevant focal persons at mission level aiming at reinforcing security and safety of Handicap International staff and assets .
- To participate in security meetings upon the line manager request and report relevant information to the appropriate persons
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International Federation) Project Manager job vacancy must hold a Degree in Rehabilitation sciences, development studies, social sciences, public health and or business administration.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in project management.
- At least two years of practical experience in strong comprehension of the disability inclusion programming
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience in participatory approaches in disability inclusive livelihoods and economic empowerment programming.
- Project cycle management and related tools and methodologies;
- Planning & Monitoring
- Knowledge of the Education and Disability Sectors in Uganda
- Capacity building, training and coaching skills in design and implementation
- Fluency in English: written and spoken and strong writing skills;
- Very familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet
- Proven managerial skills
- Proven representation experience;
- Ability to work under high pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Strong interest in the fields related to HI mandate
Starting Date: October 1st 2020
Length of contract: One year – renewable
Basic Salary: UGX 5,696,889
- Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
- HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct. In accordance with these values.
- HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
- HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
How to Apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document to HR department at email@example.com indicating the position applied for.
Deadline: 7th August 2020 by 5:00pm
NB: Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.