Project Officer –Education NGO Jobs – War Child Holland (WCH)
Organisation: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
War Child Holland (WCH) is an International non-profit organization that has been working in Uganda since 2004, mainly in the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) affected areas. As the situation in Uganda has stabilized, WCH has closed its programs related to the LRA conflict and started a refugee response program in early 2016 in the West Nile region, offering psychosocial support to children, young people and families in the refugee and host communities. In addition to psychosocial support, the country office is in the process of establishing education projects with partners.
Job Summary: The Project Officer – Education (PO-EDU) is responsible for building the technical competencies and capacities of education colleagues and school teachers implementing Can’t Wait to Learn (an innovative education technology project). The role requires day to day support to teachers while coordinating with District Education Officers. The Project Officer- Education will also carry out administrative and reporting responsibilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the building of knowledge and skills of staff and partners on the CWTL component.
- Provides staff, partners and stakeholders with information on CWTL.
- Provides onsite support and trainings to teachers on CWTL.
- Support teachers in class room management of CWTL.
- Prepare and submits monthly reports to their line manager on statues of the program.
- Support M&E team of the partners in data milk.
- Support sharing collected data with the schools.
- Help partners to keep track of the tablets
- Report lost, damaged or non-functioning tablets to line manager and recommend replacement.
- Provide partners feedback on the implementation of CWTL.
- Participates in the monitoring of INCLUDE activities.
- Assist in organising trainings for the teachers.
- Assist in communications and coordinators of information between WCH/Partners and schools.
- Data collection from the tablets:
- Oversight of the tablets and head phones:
- Administration of work implemented
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The War Child Holland (WCH) Project Officer –Education job should hold a Degree in Education, Development Studies, Management, and Social Sciences or in a relevant field.
- Two to three years of experience in teaching children in refugee setting is desired.
- Trainings in Education and Child Protection is required
- Previous experience in education technology.
- Strong understanding of Education programs, knowledge of psychosocial support is an added value.
- Being a teacher is an added advantage.
- Strong IT back ground is preferred.
- Strong skills in coaching, mentoring & facilitation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member if a team
- MUST have knowledge on how to ride a motorbike and have a valid license class A.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to apply by uploading an English CV consisting of maximum two pages, and answer our questionnaire (please note that a cover letter is not requested) through the following hyperlink:
Deadline: 3rd July 2019