Project Officer NGO Job Vacancies – Amref Health Africa
Organization: Amref Health Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
Amref Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional hubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will provide technical expertise and support in project activity, strategy development and implementation at the county level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and supervision of WASH/ COVID-19 Transform project specifically in Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Social Behavior Change Communication to ensure quality, effectiveness and timely implementation.
- Provide technical support in implementation of WASH/ COVID-19 Transform project specifically in Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Social Behavior Change Communication to ensure timely implementation and achievement of the intended of objective of effective COVID 19 control and prevention.
- Participate in developing timely and accurate funding proposals in line with donor requirements and Amref Health Africa standards in collaboration with other sector specialists.
- Capacity building of staff and communities in programming and implementation of Hand and Environmental Hygiene in the control of COVID 19.
- Ensure the timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and end of program reports on WASH/COVID Transform project and ensure that the reports are prepared in a timely manner and in accordance with donors and Amref Health Africa standards.
- Support preparation and conducting of training for WASH/COVID Transform project specifically Hand and Environmental Hygiene in the control of COVID 19 on a sustainable basis using FIETS approach.
- Document and disseminate best practices on hand and environmental Hygiene in control of COVID 19.
- Support the preparation of budgets, work-plans, and reports and review the same to ensure that project budgets are effectively managed and timely development and implementation of quality quarterly project implementation plans
- Organize regular performance review meetings with the key project stakeholders and supervise the work of partner organizations
- Ensure adequate consultation and participation at all project stages while creating and coordinating community partnerships with other possible stakeholders (government, private sector, NGOs)
- Work with stakeholders to refine indicators for evaluating the project successes and organizing participatory
- reviews, conducting regular assessment of progress on the project activities.
- Effective integration of project activities with other Amref Health Africa supported initiatives in the Program Unit while participating in operational research related to the project.
- Co-ordinate and network with the Office of the MoH, District Community Development Office, District water office, District Health Inspectors Office, District Health Office, +Community Based Organizations and NGOs and other relevant departments working in the Districts/Divisions in providing technical support and assistance to WASH/COVID-19 Transform projects.
- Ensure that existing business processes, standards and guidelines related to COVID-19 control are effectively implemented by District teams.
- Participate fully and actively in all COVID 19 control and prevention intervention in the districts/Divisions that are relevant to the project
- Collaborate with the country office to provide other project staffs with the appropriate COVID-19 Control and prevention technical orientation needed to accelerate and enhance project impact.
- Ensure that districts and Division teams participates in monitoring and supporting the timely and appropriate utilization of budgeted resources for all the WASH/COVID transform projects;
- Engage with key stakeholders, Community, government, church, mosque and other civil society representatives in order to maximize the impact of the organization efforts.
- Represent the program manager on duties outside the district e.g., COVID-19 District and Division task force meetings, workshops, NGO Forum Meetings etc.
- Participate in COVID-19 national programs implemented at district level.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Amref Health Africa Project Manager career placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health sciences, Development Studies, community health and social works and administration or their equivalent. Advanced training in Public Health or international relations will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of relevant experience. Two years of significant experience in management is a must.
- Experience in Social and Behavior Change communication, proposal writing, needs assessments, surveys, information management and people management.
- International NGO experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Business Partner, Amref Health Africa in Uganda through email@example.com
NB: Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 17th June 2020