Project Officer NGO Job Vacancies – Youth Advocacy and Development Network (YADNET Uganda)
Organisation: Youth Advocacy and Development Network (YADNET Uganda)
Project Name: SHE LEADS PROJECT
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Youth Advocacy and Development Network (YADNET Uganda) is an organization /coalition registered in Uganda with registration number INDR153454304NB that brings together partners/CSOs that work with and for young people on SRHR, Economic Empowerment and Environment. The membership organization has coordination structures of members in all regions of uganda with regional coordination offices in Arua, Lira, Mbale, Hoima, Mbarara, Kamuli and Moroto with National office in Najeera, Kampala.
About SHE LEADS PROJECT:
She Leads is a programme developed for the Power of Voices Strategic Partnerships with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands. The programme focuses on strengthening capacity of civil society organisations in the field of lobby and advocacy, with a specific focus on strengthening lobby capacity of young women and girls (GYW) and the civic space wherein they operate. Consortium partners are Terre de Hommes, Defence for Children-Ecpat and FEMNET. The number of targeted groups are; 28 girl – led groups, 35 CSOs. In total 3000 girls and young women will benefit. The districts to be covered are Kampala, Kamuli and Buyende. There will be many stakeholders in the project (Government, CSOs), in this regard Plan International Uganda mutually agrees with Youth advocacy and development network (YADNET) on how to collaborate in the implementation of the aforementioned project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- On regular basis in liaison with project coordinator to plan, track and assess the progress of the project implementation
- Implement project workplans
- Organize project meetings with stakeholders and Girls and Young Women in the project sites
- Keep and maintain project documents that track project progress.
- Monitor and regularly meet project reporting deadlines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an undergraduate degree, or associated qualifications combined with relevant practical experience from recognized University/institution. Having post graduate qualifications is an added advantage.
- At least three years of experience and sound knowledge of project implementation.
- Demonstrate practical skills of applying operational and administrative guidelines to the design and management of projects
- Strong computer skills and good knowledge especially Micro soft and Excel
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills, including English language written skills
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in project planning and management and ability to track and monitor targets.
- Computer literate in MS, internet, power point, etc
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 26th March 2021 at 17:00hours/5:00pm
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE