Project Officer – WASH (Software) NGO Jobs – Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Job Title: Project Officer – WASH (Software)
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager WASH
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Project Officer – WASH (Software) will be responsible for the management of all soft aware WASH components, programming, material, financial and human resources of the National Society within the project area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with planning, coordination, implementation, evaluation and makes recommendations on WASH project activities;
- Prepares project budgets & work plans and ensures proper accountability of project funds and other resources;
- Prepares and submits timely and quality activity reports;
- Prepares quarterly and annual project progress reports in accordance with URCS guidelines and project requirements;
- Mentoring, coaching and support supervision to project focal persons and project volunteers (project leaders and Hygiene Promoters);
- Develop project monitoring tools in liaison with the URCS M&E officer and ensure they are used to address the project key result areas and indicators therein;
- Ensure proper coordination with relevant stakeholders (sector partners, district and sub county authorities) in consultation with respective Branch Managers on WASH related activities and policies;
- Technically support community based trainings, sensitizations through PHAST and PHASE activities at different levels within the project areas for quality assurance;
- Promote construction and use of appropriate HH latrines within the project areas (traditional, VIP, Ecosan or lined latrines);
- Sensitise and support community members on safe solid waste management systems within the project areas;
- Develop and disseminate appropriate hygiene promotion messages for positive behavior change among community members and schools in the project are;.
- Support health emergencies and disaster operations in the different intervention communities in implementation of software activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Project Officer – WASH (Software) job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or SWASA but with specialized training in hygiene promotion approaches i.e. Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST), Community led Total Sanitation (CLTS), Personal Hygiene and Sanitation Education (PHASE) for schools. from a reputable institution;
- Post Graduate Diploma or certificates in project planning and management from a reputable institution will be an added advantage;
- Three years of WASH experience in a Community Development setting;
- Familiar with updated Government policies and WASH implementation guidelines.
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel and ability to run specific software (SPSS and EP info.);
- Very good knowledge of Emergency Response Protocols and sphere standards for service delivery;
- Knowledge and skills of sanitation marketing in peri-urban and informal settlements;
- High level of integrity.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 28th May 2018 by 5:00pm