Quality Improvement Advisor Employment Opportunity – Baylor-Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Baylor-Uganda is a private not for profit child health and development organization providing family-centered pediatric HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, health professional training, and clinical research in Uganda. Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The Quality Improvement Advisor will work with the national, regional and district QI coordination structures to ensure skills development for the application of QI tools among health facility teams. Supports health facility teams to achieve and sustain MoH quality of care standards through the adoption of standard operating procedures (SOPs), and maintains an updated Baylor-Uganda SOP Manual. Working with the Baylor-Uganda M&E team supports district and health facility teams to routinely review their data, understand their performance, identify gaps in performance and quality of care, analyse the gaps for root causes, and bridge them through implementation of QI projects. Supports HFs to initiate and monitor the projects to completion, document and share lessons learnt for scale up.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an updated Baylor-Uganda Quality Management Plan (QMP) aligned to the National Health Sector QI Framework and Strategic Plan.
- Develop and implement periodic QI work plans to address priority quality gaps and provide a strategy for regional level scale up.
- Evaluate and modify QI strategies in line with the Baylor-Uganda activity work plan.
- Build the capacity of the regional and district QI teams to use the QI approach to improve the quality of care.
- Coordinate and liaise with the QI structures to implement QI interventions for the MoH priority areas.
- Develop and test tools and guidelines for QI activities and support their roll out through the health structures.
- Facilitate peer learning sessions and exchange visits, synthesize and document emerging changes.
- Document best practices in form of case studies, success stories, abstracts, video clips in addition to the routine monthly updates, quarterly and annual reports.
- Guide and facilitate quality data collection to capture process and outcome indicators.
- Collect, review and manage QI data from health facility and community teams, and maintain updated QI databases including the national QI database.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent in Medicine, Nursing, Public health, or related field.
- Master’s degree in Public Health.
- Registered with the requisite professional council(s).
- A minimum of four years of related quality improvement experience
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE).
How to Apply:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts. To Apply, click the link below.
Deadline: 31st July 2020