Records and Archive Officer Job Opportunities – Multiplex Limited
Organisation: Multiplex Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Group Head Human Resources and Administration
Multiplex Limited is an indigenous private company incorporated in Uganda in 1984, with an initial vision of contributing to the process of reconstruction of the national infrastructure after decades of civil strife and economic decline. Multiplex Ltd has transformed into one of the largest companies in the construction of roads, bridges, buildings, dams and water works, stone quarrying, concrete products, asphalt production, plant hire and construction material transport services. We are also engaged in the following services:
- Management and control of street parking.
- Provision of world class computerized Digital and Security printing using state of Art technologies.
- Other services include: Real Estate, Commercial Services and Tourisms and Hospitality Services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Your typical duties as a records officer will generally include the following:
- Creating & maintaining company databases to ensure quick retrieval of information.
- Developing record distribution and storage policies.
- Auditing the information that is created and stored within the company.
- Analyzing your company’s information needs and developing procedures to ensure these requirements are met.
- Referring to policy & legislative requirements in order to determine the length of time company records are kept.
- Potentially overseeing the transition from paper to electronic management systems.
- Providing the necessary support to ensure the accountability, transparency and regulatory requirements of the company are met.
- Establishing new records management systems
- Developing, maintaining, verifying and evaluating existing systems
- Overseeing the switch from paper to electronic record-keeping
- Writing reports and publications
- Dealing with inquiries and requests for information from both internal and external clients
- Ensuring that financial, legal or administrative requirements and regulations are complied with
- Ensuring that data is protected
- Classifying and indexing records
- Destroying or archiving finished data/records
- Ensuring that records are easily accessible when needed
- Maintain an effective documentation and filing system through indexing, referencing and filing as may be necessary.
- Control the file movement within the company and factory
- Manage the duplication, scanning, etc. of documents.
- Maintain a well-managed Library for ease of reference and retrieval of information.
- Participate in the procurement process of office supplies, consumables, services and equipment by identifying the required consumables.
- Any other duty may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Multiplex Limited Records and Archive Officer should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Archives and Records, or related field
- Three years of experience in records, data, information and Archive management Understanding of ISO Management systems is an added advantage.
- Excellent IT skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send by email or hand delivery to the following address:
P.O. Box 3874, Kampala, Uganda
Plot 33 Mpanga Close, off Luthuli Drive, Bugolobi
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please submit a cover letter, CV With 3 Referees and academic documents to the address above.
NOTE: Quote the position you are applying for on the email subject or on the envelop.
Deadline: 16th June 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE