Regional Finance Manager UK NGO Jobs – Oxfam
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 affiliates networked together in more than 90 countries committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. To achieve this, we support local projects in developing countries, we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people and we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We implement our programs by working with local NGO partners and civil society organizations and engaging with private sector and governments. Oxfam employs over 6,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries. In Uganda, our program is anchored on three broad themes deliberately focused on Women’s Rights: Resilient Livelihoods, Governance and Accountability and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
Job Summary: The Regional Finance Manager – Advocacy and Social Accountability Mechanism will ensure that financial management at regional level is carried out in accordance with internal processes and recognised financial standards and meets GPE’s requirements. They will work under the guidance of the Finance Manager in the Global Management Unit (GMU) to oversee budgetary cycles, monitor programme expenditure, and resolve problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all budgeting, forecasting, disbursement, accounting and invoicing of all regional programme funds
- Managing regional programme finances, ensuring that financial management at regional level is carried out in accordance with internal processes and recognised financial standards
- Implementing financial processes, policies and templates under the guidance of the GMU Finance Manager as required
- Working with partners to oversee budgetary cycles, monitor programme expenditure, and resolve problems
- Building capacity of partners where necessary and ensure they are adequately supported
- Preparing regional finance reports for the GMU
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management, business administration, or relevant field
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial project management
- Experience and skill in budgeting, project accounting and financial reporting procedures for large, international programmes
- Knowledge of budgetary processes in INGOs and experience working directly with local NGOs to build financial capacity
- Ability to liaise with donor agencies and national government agencies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, French is an advantage.
- Proven ability to analyse and synthesise complex issues
- Demonstrated ability, tact, and sensitivity in working across institutional boundaries, business units, and teams in an effective and productive way
- Excellent computer skills, including expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- At Oxfam our job descriptions provide a guide to what might be expected in the role. Along with our strategy the job description is used to help to shape specific objectives for employees. Employees are supported to deliver these objectives and they are annually assessed against them as part of the Oxfam performance review process. This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th June 2019