Regional Finance Officer Job Careers – IMPACT Initiatives
Organisation: IMPACT Initiatives
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Global Head of Finance
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis, GIS and remote-sensing. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, which allows particularly IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of the two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, supporting and working within the framework of the humanitarian reform process. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
Job Summary: The Regional Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring high quality & accurate financial reporting and sound financial management of the IMPACT-managed activities, as well as for providing oversight to the finance teams in the countries where IMPACT operates. The RFO supports country teams, notably the REACH dedicated Finance Officers (FO), in ensuring effective and timely financial management of the IMPACT-managed programmes and assists the Country Coordinators in ensuring effective and timely financial management of the country offices.
The Regional Finance Officer report directly (hierarchical line) to the Global Head of Finance (HoF), who (in consultation with Country coordinators) will task him/her and monitor his/her performance
When supporting a given country team (as decided by the Head of Finance), the work of Regional Finance Officer is also overseen by the Country Coordinator for all delivery (output) matters (i.e., financial reports, budgets, advice to local management, priority of tasks, training to staff etc.). The RFO will liaise on regular basis with ACTED Finance team as IMPACT/REACH is hosted by ACTED in the field.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Management and Reporting
- Proactively support REACH dedicated Finance Officers in preparing quality program budgets and timely submit financial reports to IMPACT HQ in accordance with IMPACT and donor specific guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain country annual accounts in accordance with IMPACT’s Financial Policies and procedures.
- Support the country offices to prepare the annual budget and revised forecasts on an accurate and timely basis as well as the calculation of shared support costs
- Prepare all financial donor reports in the region thanks to an access to IMPACT’s global accountancy systems and ensure submissions to donors are completed on a timely and accurately basis.
- Financial Monitoring – Country Programmes
- Undertake visits to Countries to help ensure quality is maintained in all aspects of financial management;
- Review the monthly reporting tools prepared by each country office
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external audits for country offices, as needed;
- Provide a gap fill service for the financial management of country programmes as required due to staff absence from leave or resignation.
- Serve as surge capacity resource in finance upon request.
Financial Monitoring – Regional Budgets and Multi Country Programmes
- Provide timely and accurate financial monitoring reports for the regional and MCP budgets
- Assist the Regional and MCP budget holders with variance and burn rate analysis on a monthly basis
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of MCP external donor financial reporting
Financial Systems Development & Capacity Building
- Assess the capacity of current country finance teams and make recommendations about training needs, organizational structure, and staffing changes;
- Develop training for finance staff, as well as program and other staff, on financial processes and the importance of financial compliance;
- Work with the IMPACT HQ to improve financial systems in the region and assist in introducing change where requested as part of the global improvement to provide timely and appropriate financial information to senior management team, project managers and budget holders;
- Provide suggestions and inputs to the continuous development of the financial administration procedures, routines, and SoPs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Professional/academic qualification in finance or accounting (Master degree, audit or relevant field)
- Relevant experience of minimum 2 years in finance management and programming in an international NGO or International organization in the region
- Experience in preparing budgets, cash flow statements and financial plans.
- Experience in preparing narrative and financial reports.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of accounting software – SAGA / SAGE;
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office package;
- Good supervisory skills and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal communication and relationship building skills;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Attention to detail and a proactive, problem-solving approach are required;
- Prior team management experience required;
- Fluency in English and effective communication skills are required;
- Ability to travel internationally 30-40% and/or the ability to undertake temporary duty assignments to support country offices.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates please apply online at the line bellow
Deadline: 22nd May 2020