Relationship Manager, Public Sector Employment Opportunity – KCB Bank Uganda
Organisation: KCB Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager, Public Sector will build and manage rapport with Public Sector Clients. The key responsibility being; developing and leveraging Public Sector relationships to grow the Corporate Banking Assets and Liabilities base. The specific activities being; new customer acquisition, existing customer retention and income generation from the sales of the Bank’s products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Growth of the Corporate deposit book as per the set organizational targets & ALCO guidelines through growth of current accounts/collection business as well as Debt and Trade opportunities from the Public Sector.
- Prepare Customer sales coverage plans to ensure each relationship is managed according to the KCB Bank customer service charter with regular reviews of the customer portfolio to assess future needs and ongoing fee/income potential.
- Management of ongoing relationships with existing Public Sector partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to a greater collective impact for the Bank
- Understand the Public Sector requirements and decision makers (maintain database of key Public Sector stakeholders), structure solutions, implement and monitor the customer experience.
- Provide specialist sector information & governance as well as conducting training on the structure and workings of the Public Sector to the Business, Credit, Risk & Compliance Teams in the Bank
- Champion strategic partnerships and social visibility of the KCB Brand in the Public Sector space
- Ensure 90% digital migration of the assigned portfolio and as feasibly as possible, digitize their customers journeys to promote the cashless and self-serve solutions of the Bank
- Maintain a dairy of key Public Sector events & activities that would present viable business and value chain opportunities for KCB Bank.
- Coordinate and support the branches in running effective Public Sector sales activations, generating leads and dealing with queries and complaints
- Any other official duties that may be allocated from time to time by management
- Ensure great working relationship with team members for overall achievement of departmental goals by role modelling the corporate values of the Bank
- New client onboarding through the development and maintenance of a pipeline of prospective clients within Public Sector to ensure sustainable growth of the Portfolio.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, strategic partnerships, bidding opportunities and relationship management activities
- Ensure adherence to all bank’s prescribed processes, standard operating procedures and central bank requirements.
- Ensuring proper systems are in place to effectively manage AML/CFT risk for the Portfolio.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Professional Qualifications
- Master’s Degree
- Products knowledge & ability to package simple and complex products
- Ability to interact, influence and negotiate at senior levels with customers, partners, fellow bankers and Regulators.
- Customer focused & results oriented.
- Solutions Oriented
- Professional (Empowered, Respectful, Pursues excellence, Dresses appropriately)
- Integrity (Trusted, Accountable, Open Communicator)
- Courageous (Commitment, Self-starter, Decisive, Action oriented,
- Business Acumen (Innovative, Entrepreneurial with a strong commercial drive
- Leadership maturity
- Digital fluency
- Team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 24th February 2023
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda