Research Officer Job Opportunities – Jeeva Consult International
Organisation: Jeeva Consult International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jeeva Consult International is a private consultancy firm that was incorporated in Uganda in 2009. The firm is multidisciplinary/multi-sectoral in nature with superior expertise and advantage that delivers high quality outputs, in time, and within available budget. We work with a wide range of clients who include; INGOs, NGOs, Small Medium and Multi-lateral businesses, Educational Institutions, Financial Institutions, Donors, Policy Makers as well as Government Departments.
We offer professional services in areas of monitoring and evaluation, project planning and management, policy design and analysis, strategic planning and development, training and capacity building, systems analysis and design, market & social research, to mention but a few.
Recently Jeeva Consult International Ltd has entered into a joint partnership with Africa Centre for Research and Development (ACRED) Ltd to conduct joint business for mutual benefits. The two parties are dully registered and incorporated under the laws of Uganda and have been operating independently. However, with a common goal to pursue and expand to outwards and tap into the growing business environment for offering consultancy services, the two parties have formed into a partnership to exploit and have a higher competitive edge in the market of consultancy services. The parties have agreed to strengthen each other and bring their competitive edge to a common business exploitation. Whereas these are independent firms, Jeeva will play a very critical role in strengthening the institutional capacity of ACRED hence this will require a strong, focused, self-motivated and zealous individual to perform this role.
Job Summary: To represent and coordinate ACRED business interests in her “Joint Partnership” with Jeeva Consult International by leading the acquisition of business, research project proposal development, stakeholder management, track research project cycle and reporting for all research projects under ACRED in the partnership between the two organizations. The Research Officer will work directly under the structure of Jeeva Consult International reporting directly to the MD of Jeeva.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Managing Director of Jeeva Consult International the Research Officer – ACRED will perform and be responsible for the following roles and tasks;
Business Sourcing for ACRED and Proposal Development
- Looking for business from clients and different sources including media and already existing clients.
- Engage in various business discussions that can bring future businesses in collaboration with Jeeva.
- Attending meetings with different clients on business discussion.
- Meeting deadlines by prioritizing responsibilities and balancing workload
- Responsible for preparing and submitting bids, request for quotation (RFQ), request for proposals
- (RFP) and call for technical and financial proposals either physical or electronically on behalf of ACRED
- Maintaining a sense of consistency by using company templates and formats for proposal development and responses to any calls.
- Working as part of a team to offer suggestions for improvement or ways to streamline the process of proposal development from time to time.
- Prepare and make presentations/interviews for proposals to different clients with the Research Director of Jeeva and associate consultants.
- Maintain a consistent link and communication with ACRED clients while sharing the same with Jeeva
- Maintaining good relationship with clients from time to time to ensure future business continuity and future opportunities.
- Engaging with other Associate Consultants brought on board in proposal development and implementation of research projects and report writing.
- Maintain an upto date list of Clients research projects, status progress of assignment and communicate the same to Jeeva for review before submission to Clients
- Maintain and respond to correspondences on phone, email and physical meetings with the clients on behalf of ACRED in consultation with Jeeva.
Research Project Reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of research reports by associate consultants and submit them for review and approval by Research Director before sending them to the clients.
- Work with Associate Consultants to address different comments, feedback and responses/recommendations from the clients and Research Director.
- Ensure compliance in reporting and management of deadlines for clients.
- Liaise and follow-up with Associate Consultants to deliver on the different aspects of the research project
Research Project Management
- Support the design and development of research project workplans / field itinerary for each research project from time to time in consultation with the Field Manager.
- Tracking the research projects life cycle of different research projects in order to manage deadlines with other internal staff at Jeeva and with the clients.
- Maintaining high quality of the research proposals and reports drafted to meet the clients’ needs
- Ensure that all quality standards are adhered to in all activities undertaken.
- In collaboration with the Field Manager at Jeeva, complete field work for all projects.
- Developing overall research project budgets for all research projects with the support of the Finance department and the Research Director at Jeeva.
- Consistently reviewing and monitoring of budgets to track expenses to overcome overspending for all projects in line with the projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Project Planning and Management, Social Work and Administration or any relevant field, obtained from a recognized institution
- Post graduate qualification in M&E or PPM will be an added advantage
- At least three (3) year’s relevant work experience conducting research work, field data collection supervision, quality control of field data collection, field management and administration research report writing, monitoring and evaluation work, among other desirable experiences
- Should have demonstrable experience in research consultancy, field work for data collection and management
- Should clearly demonstrate having worked with consultancy firms or in a research-based institution and having participated in at least 3 research project assignments
- Should have demonstrable understanding and experience in writing technical & financial proposals, RFQ, RFP of consultancy services and may have to submit such proposals previously worked on.
- Demonstrate high willingness to learn new research aspects and report writing
- Computer Knowledge is a MUST in applications MS Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Demonstrable research report writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under minimum pressure Great verbal communication and public speaking skills
- Strong Coordination skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strategic planning knowledge
- Flexibility and willingness to travel upcountry and spend longer days in the field collecting and supervising data collection
NB: Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications (Cover letter), updated CV and scanned copies of academic documents. Applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Officer (HRO) and emailed (all documents as attachments in one single document in PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a Subject [APPLICATION FOR RESEARCH OFFICER – ACRED]. Applications which do not confirm to the above specifications will automatically be disqualified.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: Wednesday, 16th June 2021 at 5:00pm.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda