Resilience Programme Officer Dutch NGO Jobs – Cordaid
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda with regular travel to Kampala
Reports to: Program Manager Resilience
CORDAID is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. CORDAID believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
Job Summary: For a new project in West-Nile, the Programme Officer will oversee planning and implementation of our climate resilience and DRR (disaster risk reduction) activities on community level. The project targets both refugees and host communities. The project uses a participatory and community managed resilience approach. For this, CORDAID works together with a partner organisation. The Program Officer will be responsible to assist them in their activities and planning (capacity building) and report to the Program Manager on progress.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy, Program Development & Management
- Facilitate multi stakeholder dialogues at local level to create awareness-raising campaigns on integrated risk management- with special attention to target area-specifics
- Act as a liaison with the local authorities and concerned government departments regarding project issues particularly on IRM mainstreaming into district development plans
- Proactively identify funding opportunities, working with the Program Manager and Country Director to develop concepts and proposals.
Capacity Building & Partner monitoring
- Build the capacity of the partners as required through coaching, trainings and providing constructive feedbacks. Offer timely technical support to implementing partners and assist in planning, budgeting, monitoring, evaluating and coordination.
- Regularly monitor the implementation progress of the project and activities by the partners against set indicators, especially for resilience strategies to mitigate shocks, promote sustainable natural resource management and strengthen social cohesion
- Ensures effective communication and coordination among the partners through regular meetings, coordinating events, etc.
Reporting, M&E and budgeting
- Support the Program Manager in fulfilling technical and financial reporting requirements of the project, using Excel, Word and digital tools
- Conduct collection, processing and analysis of technical data from the field and follow up on inconsistencies
- Work with monitoring, evaluation and learning team to track and monitor project progress against set objectives, develop and update resilience sector database
- Ensure effective and timely financial and commodity resource utilization
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Cordaid Resilience Programme Officer job must be a graduate in development studies / social science / natural resource management
- Four to five years of experience in resilient livelihood / disaster management and resilience programming in Uganda or in the region,
- Broad knowledge and understanding of project cycle management tools to ensure effective planning, resourcing, implementation and review of programmes and experience of organisational assessment, planning and review tools and processes.
- Practical experience of applying development issues at a project or community level. Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of development issues.
- Experience in financial management of budgets, including building a budget, monitoring and managing expenditure.
- Able to develop multiple ideas to solve an issue or situation and take a swift decision, including in a high-risk situation.
- Able to adapt to new and demanding situations, with experience of living and working upcountry
- Ability to live and work under pressure in a rapidly changing and sometimes insecure environment
- Team player with excellent communication and strong participatory leadership skills
- Good computer-skills (Office -products such as Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Result oriented
- Creativity and solution oriented.
- Strong organizational development
- Writing skills
- Strong people management
- Conflict management
- Quality orientation
How to Apply:
Please send your application letter and a CV that contains three referees in English with the position title in your subject line to Jobs.Uganda@cordaid.org
Deadline: 30th April 2019 by Midnight
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE