Risk Officer Job Placements – Uganda Clays Limited
Organization: Uganda Clays Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Uganda Clays Limited is Uganda’s leading manufacturer of quality building products located at Kajjansi, 14 Kilometers along Kampala-Entebbe Road with a second factory at Kamonkoli in Mbale.
Job Summary: management of risks facing the Company on a day to day basis through identiﬁcation, assessment, mitigation, reporting and continuous monitoring of risks so as to add value, improve and mitigate risk to UCL’s operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and update of policies, procedures manuals that will mitigate risk throughout the business processes
- Develop and regularly update risk assessment registers for new and existing processes I products! channels and follow up implementation of mitigation measures
- Recommend mitigating actions and follow-up with process owners to ensure timely implementation and performing validations
- Create a high level of awareness of risks that the Company is exposed is exposed to their impact and actions/measures in place to mitigate them
- Champion business continuity plans by developing the key elements to support ensure that management has robust plans to keep the business aﬂoat as a going concern
- Regularly analyse ﬁnancial information and track control weakness that may exist in the system
- On a monthly and quarterly basis, generate reports on high risk exposures and mitigating actions lo the Management and Board Audit and Risk Committees Respectively
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in B.Com, BBA or BSc Accounting/ Finance
- Should have good knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing record keeping systems
- Full professional qualiﬁcation in either””. ACCA, CPA or CIMA Finalists in these professional courses are also considered
- A good understanding oi Enterprise Risk Management practices in industry, preferably manufacturing.
- Should demonstrate good understanding of process flow and procedures
- Should have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with the various stakeholders.
- High proﬁciency in the use of computer applications such as excel, word and power point.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant company policies. processes, procedures and guidance to consistently achieve required standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to make the required changes
- At least three years’ experience as a Risk Officer
How to apply:
All suitably qualiﬁed candidates should send their applications and updated CVs, present position, copies of certiﬁcates / testimonials and addresses of three (3) referees plus day-time telephone / Mobile phone contacts to the address below.
The Head of Human Resources and Support Service,
Uganda Clays Limited,
P.O. Box 3188, Kampala.
NB: Uganda Clays limited is an equal opportunity employer, while we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 17th January 2020