Road Construction Jobs – Material Engineer – CSCEC
Job Title: Material Engineer
Duty Station: Uganda
CSCEC is a Chinese company with over 60 years of existence. It is the largest construction company in the world by revenue and the 14th largest general contractor in terms of overseas sales, as of 2016. It is upgrading Kapchorwa-Suam Road from gravel to asphalt, this rural road is in the Eastern Region of Uganda. The road links Kapchorwa, through Kween to Suam, at the international border with Kenya.
Job Summary: The Materials Engineer will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction team with respect to all materials submittals, approvals, testing, sampling, etc. He will participate in the quality control of materials including all the laboratory and field testing, acceptance of used materials, checking and accepting all remedial and corrective measures. He will supervise the works of the Senior Works Inspector/Works Inspector (Materials).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and approve (make recommendation for approval by the REI DRE) of all submitted materials by the contractor.
- Ensure compliance of used materials with the projects specifications;
- Participate in construction quality control,
- Supervise, participate and direct sampling and testing of all materials according to the contract and the specifications.
- Analyze the test results in a timely manner and recommend action to the Senior Resident Engineer /Senior Materials Engineer.
- Maintain records of test results and all taken corrective actions.
- Track and review the site testing and certificates of compliance.
- Ensure very dose and dear coordination of his team activities with the other construction supervision staff.
- Follow up and verify implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure inspection and checking of all delivered materials to site for conformance to the project requirements and approval, as directed by the Senior Materials Engineer/Resident Engineer/Senior Resident Engineer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- At least ten years of postgraduate years of experience and a minimum of 7 years of similar work experience on large infrastructure projects.
- Regional experience is preferred.
- Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
- Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts.
- Provides specialist services in support of project requirements.
- Independently performs highly complex professional assignments demanding contributions calling for the application of specialized principles.
How to Apply:
All applicants must attach a photocopy of an original national identification card (ID) and a criminal record for police. Preference will be given to candidates with recommendation letters. Please read the requirements of the position carefully before sending the resume. Send all applicants to email@example.com
Deadline: 25th January 2019.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020