Road Construction Jobs – Quantity Surveyor – China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (CSCEC)
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Organization: China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (CSCEC)
Duty Station: Uganda
China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (CSCEC) is a Chinese company with over 60 years of existence. It is the largest construction company in the world by revenue and the 14th largest general contractor in terms of overseas sales, as of 2016. It is upgrading Kapchorwa-Suam Road from gravel to asphalt, this rural road is in the Eastern Region of Uganda. The road links Kapchorwa, through Kween to Suam, at the international border with Kenya.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating in overall administration and project execution plans with Sub Contractors, Project Team & Project Managers
- Analyzing subcontractors’ terms/ conditions for various risks such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work.
- Monitoring various site activities/ work proceeds and suggesting the Site Manager on remedies for mitigating the risks involved
- Identifying and collating the costs involved in order to develop an overall budget for any project.
- Planning cost in coordination with the members of the design team for arriving at practical solutions and staying within the project budget.
- Providing cash flow data to enable the client to plan resources adequately to meet contract commitments.
- Valuing the work carried out each month and submitting a recommendation for certified payment after deciding on how much of a job should be paid for at any one time with interest rates.
- Assessing the cost effects when changes occur and agree on variation with contractors.
- Preparation of Variation Statements, Rate Analysis
- Recording, checking and processing running and escalation bills
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or any related field from a reputed institution
- At least five years of experience on similar project
- Ability to understand and analyze technical bid parameters and bid models
- Quantity survey and basic design experience with knowledge in auto cad
- Preferably female
How to Apply:
All applicants must attach a photocopy of an original national identification card (ID) and a criminal record for police. Preference will be given to candidates with recommendation letters. Please read the requirements of the position carefully before sending the resume. Send all applicants to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25th January 2019.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020