Road Construction Jobs – Safety Officer – China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (CSCEC)
Job Title: Safety Officer
Organization: China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (CSCEC)
Duty Station: Uganda
China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (CSCEC) is a Chinese company with over 60 years of existence. It is the largest construction company in the world by revenue and the 14th largest general contractor in terms of overseas sales, as of 2016. It is upgrading Kapchorwa-Suam Road from gravel to asphalt, this rural road is in the Eastern Region of Uganda. The road links Kapchorwa, through Kween to Suam, at the international border with Kenya.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the execution and delivery of Road Safety Audits and other Road Safety Engineering project inputs;
- Interact with colleagues and managers to ensure Atkins maintain high standards and integrity in the delivery of the Road Safety.
- Provide support in the project management and coordination of Road Safety Audits, as necessary.
- Assist in the development the Road Safety discipline and play a supportive role within Atkins’ contracts with internal and external stakeholders and clients and;
- Assist in the identification of the appropriate resources to meet current and future commitments to meet Road Safety Engineering opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in social work or any related field
- Be an experienced Road Safety practitioner with a demonstrable track record in the delivery of Road Safety Engineering on projects of various scales, preferably for both local roads and motorways/ expressways;
- Previous experience and training in Road Safety Engineering/Audits and crash/collision investigation and prevention;
- Extensive knowledge of highway design and/or traffic engineering and be able to contribute skills in these areas beyond Road Safety Auditing;
- Be a proactive team player capable of working with planners, designers and other professional on delivering safe design in roads and highways;
- Be effective in maintaining good working relationships within a wide reaching business, both within project teams internally and with clients.
- Familiar with Ugandan security requirements.
How to Apply:
All applicants must attach a photocopy of an original national identification card (ID) and a criminal record for police. Preference will be given to candidates with recommendation letters. Please read the requirements of the position carefully before sending the resume. Send all applicants to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25th January 2019.