School Enterprise Challenge Fellow UK NGO Jobs – Teach A Man To Fish
Job Title: School Enterprise Challenge Fellow
Organisation: Teach A Man To Fish
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: SEC Programme Officer -Sustainability Pilot
Salary and benefits: UGX 770,000 gross salary per month, medical health insurance for staff + 1 dependent
About Teach A Man To Fish:
Teach A Man To Fish is guided by a simple, all-encompassing mission: to empower young people with the skills they need to succeed, in school, work, and life. We focus on developing and emerging countries. This is done through supporting schools to set up educational and profitable school businesses that provide real-life hands-on training and experience for students. This empowers student entrepreneurs with a critical workplace, entrepreneurship, and life skills and mindsets so that they can leave school with the competencies to get a good job or run their own successful business.
In our ambitious, new, 5-year strategy, the organisation has set a goal for all programmes to cover their direct costs by 2023. In 2021, Teach A Man To Fish Uganda will launch an exciting pilot of a sustainable model for the School Enterprise Challenge programme in Mukono district, whereby the costs of the programme will be subsidised by fees collected from client schools. The pilot will test the model and provide data and learning for a country-wide scale-up of a sustainable approach to the delivery of this flagship programme.
About the SEC Fellowship
In 2021, Teach A Man To Fish is launching an exciting one year fellowship programme in Mukono District. This is a chance to join our team, learn about innovative approaches to education and develop your skills in the field of international development. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to experience a variety of areas of programme delivery and will receive mentoring from our management team to develop their skills over. The Fellow will also be given training in business planning and receive dedicated coaching and technical assistance to develop a robust business plan for a personal business, with the chance to receive a seed capital grant at the end of the one year fellowship. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team delivering innovative, impactful work supporting young people to develop skills for economic empowerment.
The objective of the role: The SEC Fellow will support the Sustainability Programme Officer to deliver the sustainability pilot project activities in 45 Mukono Municipality schools, including sales and marketing, organising events and providing follow up support and monitoring to schools. This will be done whilst ensuring that activities are conducted according to the agreed work plan and budget. This position will be home-based in Mukono District and will require some travel to Teach A Man To Fish’s head office in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the SEC Sustainability Programme Officer to deliver all project activities, including sensitizations, training, monitoring, awards events
- Implement marketing activities with Mukono Municipality Authorities and targeted schools and ensure sales targets are met.
- Conduct regular visits to the 45 Mukono Schools at both steps one and two for monitoring and supervision of SEC program activities.
- Deliver delegated field activities according to the agreed project plan, budget, and log frame
- Ensure effective customer service and support Sustainability Programme Officer to adapt programme activities in line with beneficiary feedback
- Ensure all trackers are completed accurately and according to the agreed schedule. Review for quality and flag trackers regularly to SEC Sustainability Programme Officer.
- Support the SEC sustainability to establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization, implementation partners and/stakeholders, and relevant working groups on the progress of the SEC sustainability project
- Deliver all comms activities in the 45 Mukono schools and ensure e-mails, SMS, phone calls and WhatsApp communications delivered according to work plan, with consistent accurate messaging.
- Support with logistics for teacher training at steps one and two
- Support Sustainability Programme Officer to organize and coordinate training, sensitization, and marketing events to the agreed work plan, budget, and log frame.
- Follow up with the schools to ensure that all their payments to the programme are submitted within the agreed time frame
Finance & Administration: 10%
- Support SEC Sustainability to manage budget and deliver activities within budget limits
- Ensure weekly financial requests and reconciliations submitted on time with 100% accuracy
Monitoring and Evaluation: 10%
- Support MEAL Manager to deliver baseline and summative evaluations on time, to budget, and quality standard
- Support delivery of inspirational stories on time and to the quality standard
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The successful applicant should have the following qualifications, skills, experience, and capabilities:
- Bachelors in Education, Development, NGO management, Sales & Marketing, Business Administration, Business or related field.
- Good understanding of Uganda’s education system
- Understanding of basic business concepts, including business planning and business management
- Ability to use common software packages including Word, Excel, Skype, E-mail
- Highly motivated, organized, and able to manage competing priorities on a tight timeline
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a small team
- Willingness to travel by public transport and work flexibly
- Driving license and ability to ride a motorcycle
- Fluent in English and Luganda
- Resident of Mukono District
- No criminal record (to be evidenced by a letter of good conduct from Interpol)
- At least one year of experience in a sales/marketing/programmes or related field in a NGO or corporate entity
- Previous experience in business development, sales, and marketing
- Experience in teaching or training
- Experience working with profit-making education or child protection programmes in the Uganda context
- Knowledge of the local language spoken in Mukono (Luganda)
- Certificate in programme management, monitoring, and evaluation or similar
How to Apply:
All candidates should please submit a maximum of 4 paged CV and a one-page cover letter (combined into a single PDF document). Please be sure to clearly show in your cover letter why you are interested in this job and what makes you the most suitable candidate. Please also include your salary history. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com with “Application: SEC fellow – Sustainability Pilot” in the title of the email.
NB: Do not attach academic documents at this point. Qualified female candidates and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Friday 19th February 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE