SEC Programme Officer – Sustainability Pilot NGO Jobs – Teach A Man To Fish UK
Organization: Teach A Man To Fish UK
Duty Station: Kampala or Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Director/Head of Business Development
Salary and benefits: UGX 2,686,320 gross salary per month, medical health insurance for staff + 1 dependant
About Teach A Man To Fish:
Teach A Man To Fish is guided by a simple, all-encompassing mission: to empower young people with the skills they need to succeed, in school, work, and life. We focus on developing and emerging countries. This is done through supporting schools to set up educational and profitable school businesses that provide real-life hands-on training and experience for students. This empowers student entrepreneurs with critical workplace, entrepreneurship and life skills and mindsets so that they can leave school with the competencies to get a good job or run their own successful business.
We are a small organization with big reach – Since 2006, we’ve created over 300,000 student entrepreneurs and 18,000 enterprising teachers through our global programmes.
Teach A Man To Fish delivers the world’s largest, global awards programme for school-based enterprise: the School Enterprise Challenge. This annual programme supports teams of students, guided by a teacher to plan, set up and manage a real ‘school business’. The business functions as a learning platform, supporting students to develop their soft skills and business knowledge, whilst at the same time generating additional income for the school. In our ambitious, new, 5-year strategy, the organisation has set a goal for all programmes to cover their direct costs by 2023. In 2021, Teach A Man To Fish Uganda will launch an exciting pilot of a sustainable model for School Enterprise Challenge programme in Mukono district, whereby the costs of the programme will be subsidised by fees collected from client schools. The pilot will test the model and provide data and learning for a country-wide scale-up of a sustainable approach to delivery of this flagship programme.
Job Summary: The overall objective of this position is to provide field based technical leadership, management and oversight for the sustainability pilot project activities including the School Enterprise Challenge Awards program in 45 Mukono schools. The SEC Programme Officer will lead on marketing and management of the pilot, ensuring problem-solving and adaptive programme management in response to emerging trends. The SEC Programme Officer will ensure effective and dynamic financial management of the pilot, ensuring close monitoring of income and expenditure and ensuring that income targets are hit. The SEC Programme Officer line manages the SEC fellow and builds his/her capacity to ensure quality delivery of the sustainability pilot.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead team to deliver all project activities, including sensitizations, training, monitoring, awards events
- Lead on marketing and relationship development with Mukono Municipality Authorities and targeted schools
- Proactively develop business and ensure sales targets are met
- Effectively execute the SEC sustainability project field activities according to the agreed project plan, budget and log frame whilst ensuring that regular quality assurance is conducted at the selected client schools
- Regular travel to the field for monitoring and quality assurance of the sustainability pilot
- Ensure effective customer service and adapt programme activities in line with beneficiary feedback
- Coordinate with the SEC Fellow to ensure all trackers completed accurately and according to the agreed schedule. Review for quality and flag trackers regularly to the Head of Business Development.
- Manage, coach and empower 1 SEC Fellow. Capacity build SEC Fellow and manage their performance
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization, implementation partners and/stakeholders and relevant working groups on the progress of the SEC sustainability project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the SEC Fellow on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the agreed standards
- Support the MEAL Manager to plan, ensure project learnings documented and disseminated, ensure that project design improved in relation to learnings
- Draft narrative and financial reports
- Child Protection and Safeguarding field Lead for the project, liaise with country safeguarding focal point, ensure highest levels of safeguarding and Child protection at schools, partners and within our team, report any issues as per TAMTF guidelines
Finance & Administration 20%
- Manage budget and deliver activities within budget limits
- Regularly review budget vs actuals and ensure spending in line with income
- Coordinate with finance department to ensure effective management of programme fees; follow up on outstanding payments from schools
- Ensure weekly financial requests and reconciliations submitted on time with 100% accuracy
Monitoring and Evaluation: 10%
- Support MEAL Manager to deliver baseline and summative evaluations on time, to budget and to quality standard
- Build capacity of SEC Fellow to deliver monitoring and evaluation activities
- Coordinate delivery of inspirational stories on time and to quality standard
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Teach A Man To Fish UK SEC Programme Officer – Sustainability Pilot job placement must hold a bachelor’s degree in Education, Development, NGO management, Programme Management, Business Administration, Business or related field.
- Experience of education or child protection programs in the Ugandan context
- At least two to three years of experience in either an NGO, social enterprise or corporate setting, with progressive levels of management responsibility.
- Line management experience of 1+ reports
- Highly motivated, organised and able to manage competing priorities on a tight timeline
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and sales skills
- Excellent financial management and budgeting skills
- Experience of financial management, including budget variance analysis and development of budgets
- No criminal record (to be evidenced by a letter of good conduct from Interpol)
- Previous experience of gender mainstreaming gender equality and inclusion in development programming
- Previous experience of business development, sales and marketing
- Certificate in programme management, monitoring and evaluation or similar
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a maximum of 4 paged CV and one-page cover letter (combined into a single PDF document). Please be sure to clearly show in your cover letter why you are interested in this job and what makes you the most suitable candidate. Please also include your salary history. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com with “Application: SEC Programme Officer – Sustainability Pilot” in the title of the email.
Deadline: Wednesday 30th December 2020
NB: Do not attach academic documents at this point. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE