Security Center Operator – Tugende
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to: Head of Security
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to new customers, and consumer finance to qualified existing customers.
It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and has grown to become a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. Tugende empowers customers unable to access formal credit and has financed over 30,000 customers.
About the Role: The role is responsible for the oversight and protection of all assets in the Tugende portfolio, and the continuous improvement of the systems and processes that ensure assets’ protection and clients’ safety. The job has three key responsibilities:
- Monitor the portfolio: Join the team that maintains visibility over all assets 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Detect, investigate, and resolve security incidents: Prevent the loss of assets by working with field staff to identify threats and mitigate their harm.
- Maintain and improve systems and processes: Ensure all assets report to the system, diagnose and log issues, and record timely resolutions.
- Respond to emergency calls.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively monitor entire company asset portfolio
- Recognize, identify, and prioritize security incidents in accordance with customer needs, organizational policies, and operational impact.
- Log security issues and coordinate with the operations team to resolve them.
- Document resolutions and failures of all security events. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of effective solutions.
- Work with IT to ensure systems are functioning correctly. Quickly escalate bugs that impair oversight over the portfolio.
- Analyze security limitations, characterize into actionable items, and recommend solutions to leadership.
- Collect and review systems performance reports, analyze and propose hardware and software upgrades.
- Uphold and surpass the company’s customer service standard when receiving emergency calls from clients.
- Note: This job description gives a general guideline, and therefore does not include an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with preference to degrees in Information Technology , Electrical / Mechanical / Automobile Engineering additional security training is an added advantage
- 1-2 years monitoring assets, reporting on their positions, and coordinating responses.
- Widespread geographical knowledge of East Africa and an advanced understanding of reading maps.
- Familiar with physical security protocols, tracking devices, and monitoring dashboards.
- Experience using a variety of monitoring and ticket management tools.
- A basic understanding of IT systems and requirements.
- A high degree of confidentiality and trust; an intuitive understanding of what information is appropriate to share to whom.
- Pass an Interpol background check and gain security clearance.
- Fluency in English (required), Luganda, and Kiswahili (highly preferred)
Personal attributes and abilities:
- Proven problem solving skills and aptitude for adapting quickly in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, project management, teamwork skills
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and participation on multiple projects
What will you gain?
Meaningful work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to earn a better living for themselves and their families. We are changing Africa’s asset-finance industry by building a sustainable business that ignites financial development. Join us!
Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of ~450 employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as events for our customers. Our headquarters are in Kampala, Uganda and we are rapidly expanding in East Africa.
Hours and compensation: This position is for an ambitious, full-time employee who will take on additional responsibilities and projects as they arise. Tugende offers competitive salaries and benefits that reflect a person’s contributions to the company’s mission and growth.
More About Tugende: Tugende means “let’s go” in Luganda and what you see on the back of a motorcycle taxi. Tugende has been recognized as a 2012 Unreasonable Fellow, 2014 Echoing Green Global Fellow, 2016 GSBI Fellow, and received the MIT Zambezi prize in 2015 as one of the top 3 financial inclusion startups in Africa. We have appeared in The Guardian, BBC, Economist. Beyond geographic growth, Tugende’s future will include multiple asset finance products and tools to help Tugende reach millions of clients without losing high touch personal support.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Application Deadline: September 25, 2020