Senior Administration Officer NGO Job Opportunities – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Job Title: Senior Administration Officer
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Senior Administration Officer will provide administrative services to all WIU functions and maintain a conducive working environment within Administration guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and Strategy
- Drawing up and managing the Annual Operation Plans in line with the divisional and departmental mandate
- Designing and updating Administration guidelines for WIU
- Identifying key gaps in the department and proposing mitigation measures to improve service delivery
- Budget drafting and monitoring for the department
- Providing management information for decision making through monthly report writing.
People Performance and Management
- Supervising, monitoring activities of administration staff i.e. Receptionists/Admin Assistants, Logistics Officers, Contracts Administrators, Office Assistants, Courier, guards among others
- Guiding Administration staff to develop and follow through with work plans designed to support
- Conducting periodic appraisals and providing coaching for performance of administration staff
- Tracking staff Leave and encouraging team members to take leave to conform to set standards
- Identifying development and training areas of staff in the department
- Develop and ensure maintenance of internal and external cleanliness standards of the office premises to ensure a good working environment
- Management and allocation of office space at the Head Office
- Continuous improvement of the organizational image through ensuring proper office lay out and outlook
- Provide supervision on routine service of office assets in an effective and efficient manner
Communication and Relationships
- Put in place standards to ensure continuous and accurate communication flow (reception, internal and external calls, email and mail deliveries)
- Communication and dissemination of guidelines and frame work agreements
- Represent the organization in dealing with service providers (Routine Administration Services)
- Ensure timely management of staff mobile airtime benefit and airtime loading, payment of service providers etc.
- Have an up to date information database on WIU Administration operations disseminated to the team for clear guidance
Assets and Logistics Management
- Ensure a comprehensive and updated Asset Register is maintained in the System for WIU
- Ensure Field offices maintain Asset registers and submit monthly to Head Office for updating the main register in case of moving hands
- Tracking of assets movements by; assigning to staff allocated and tracking change of ownership when an asset changes hands
- Ensure all the items bought that falls under Asset category according to WIU Policies are properly registered on the Asset Register with all the required information
- Recommend for disposal all assets that are obsolete of non-functional
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Manage an accurate inventory of warehouse materials and other supplies in storage.
- Schedule and track inbound (purchased) and outgoing (to Field Offices) deliveries
- Recruit and train logistics and stores personnel.
- Ensure materials are delivered to Field Offices in a timely manner as per Procurement and Logistics SOPs.
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs.
- Negotiate rates with carriers in conjunction with the Procurement Department.
- Institute efficient systems to keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Manage and ensure adherence to Executive Driver(s)’s schedule(s)
- Ensure that vehicle maintenance and repair schedules are adhered to
- Ensure that Visa and travel documents are processed for WIU staff/Guests/Support offices
- Ticket processing and confirmation
Travel related payment processing in line with set standards
- Contract management and managing of Landlords
- Supervise the overall Management of WIU leased properties
- Maintaining Service Level Agreements
- Maintaining Key Performance Indicators for Admin service providers
- Addressing queries and complaints of either parties
- Manage other Service Contracts like Insurance, Security, IT Services, etc.
Safety and Security
- Conducting continuous awareness to staff on how to use office facilities
- Conducting periodic safety awareness training (firefighting and first aid)
- Management of security service provider (guards)
- Working closely with Security Manager on security guidelines for the premises and assets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda (WIU) Senior Administration Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public administration, Logistics Management or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- A master’s degree in Public Administration and management will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five years’ experience in administrative roles with a reputable international NGO.
- Experience in managing organization assets is essential
- Experience in Administration-related activities of not less than Three Years, preferably within an NGO.
- Basic knowledge of facilities management is essential
- Experience in a supervisory role is required
- Contract management skills and experience is an added advantage
- Supply chain management skills
- Process improvement
- Policy Development
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Good facilitation and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with ability to write technical reports.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.