Senior Airworthiness Inspector (Airframe & Powerplants (“A” &“C”) Job Placement – Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA)
Organization: Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Airworthiness Inspector
Job Ref: CAA/ADV/EXT/06/2020
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) is a corporate body responsible for regulation of civil aviation in the country. It manages Entebbe International Airport (EIA) and thirteen (13) other upcountry aerodromes. UCAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).
Job Summary: The Senior Airworthiness Inspector (Airframe & Powerplants (“A” &“C”) will put in place mechanisms to ensure that all aircraft on the UCAA register meet Airframe and Power Plants requirements for Airworthiness. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Surveys and inspects aircrafts to ensure Airframe and engines airworthiness comply with specifications recommended by the manufacturer and ICAO
- Develops and conducts exams for assessing suitability and technical competence of pilots, and maintenance engineers.
- Critically surveys maintenance and training organizations in so far as the inspection, training and airworthiness of aircraft are concerned
- Approves maintenance schedule submitted by operators and periodical surveys of schedules in use.
- Investigates defects and incidents in airborne equipment and prepares defect reports.
- Performs other duties as may be delegated by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) Senior Airworthiness Inspector (Airframe & Powerplants (“A” &“C”) career opportunity must hold an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License in “A” & “C”, Airframe and/or power plants.
- At least three years’ experience in Aircraft and Power Engines Maintenance or Inspections in a reputable Civil Aviation or Airline.
- Must be computer literate
- Good knowledge of relevant ICAO standards and practices.
- Relevant working experience in Civil Aviation Organization will be an added advantage;
- Experience in supervisory management is an added advantage.
- Should be under 55 years of Age.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a well-written application letter with a detailed CV, daytime phone contact and copies of academic certificates with the job reference number clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be addressed to;
The Director Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority Head Office
P.O. Box 5536, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 27th March 2020