Senior Associate, Human Resources Job Placement – Evidence Action
Organization: Evidence Action
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Range: UGX 3 – 4 million per month
Reports to: Senior Manager, HR
Evidence Action scales proven development solutions to benefit millions of people around the world. We fill the gap between knowing ‘what works’ and having impact at scale. We implement cost-effective interventions whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence. We invite you to learn more about Evidence Action at www.evidenceaction.org.
Job Purpose: The position is responsible for facilitating an efficient HR function for the Uganda office through responsible and timely delivery of HR services and interventions. Reporting to the Senior Manager, HR | Africa, the incumbent will have responsibility for provision of effective and efficient HR support to all program staff and maintain compliance with all HR policies and procedures in line with Evidence Action values and philosophy.
Who We’re Looking For: Evidence Action seeks a highly motivated individual with the ability to think creatively and work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment. S/he must be able to function independently and flexibly, solving problems as they arise. Evidence Action places great value on the following qualities: resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, tenacity, analytic rigor, independence and work ethic.
- This position is open to Ugandan Nationals
- Salary range for this position is a gross salary of between Ugx 3 Million – Ugx 4 Million
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure staff compliance to policy, HR practices, and local law.
- Coordinate and provide HR and administrative support in on-boarding and off boarding functions
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure that access to staff records and information is strictly to the authorized personnel.
- Maintain staff records and personnel files and keep them up to date.
- Keeping track of all payroll related changes and communicating as required
- Administration of overall recruitment process – posting jobs on BambooHR, Scheduling interviews, follow up and closure of all open positions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with Human Resource Management experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in an international organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Strong communication, and people management skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be able to interact in a mature, professional and friendly manner with local and international colleagues
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and under pressure
- Attention to details with highly developed organizational skills
- Quick to learn, motivated to self-teach and capable of independently translating new knowledge into practice
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should follow the link below to apply for this position