Senior Business Analyst Jobs – Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Organization: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Enterprise Architecture and Standards
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by the National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns.
Job Summary: The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for acting in a consultative and mentoring role to business units and project teams to identify, analyze and implement continuous process improvement and best practices for all areas of the Organization. This includes facilitating intermediate to complex process improvement efforts, data collection and analysis of information and processes that impact achievement of enterprise goals including financial, operational, compliance, and stakeholder satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies improvement opportunities and engineers solutions. Contributes to the development of implementation strategies, plans, control measures and success criteria.
- Conducts feasibility studies to determine applicability of project idea to strategic business need (i.e. cost-benefit analysis and business case development), as well as assists in prioritization of projects and initiatives flowing into the Process Improvement programs.
- Facilitates process improvement meetings and workshops, including business process reengineering sessions and brainstorming sessions.
- Creates value stream diagrams / process mapping to document current and future state business processes.
- Performs detailed analysis of workflows and processes, as well as researches and identifies benchmarking and best practice opportunities.
- Creates project recommendation documentation involving strategies and plans to enhance business processes and models for delivery to business units and process owners.
- Conducts and/or provides oversight of time studies and efficiency reviews.
- Provides training, mentoring, coaching and leadership to peers, project team members and organization on process improvement tools and techniques
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) Senior Business Analyst job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Three or more years of relevant work experience in business process improvement, including process design and re-design, data analytics, and process monitoring and control, as well as the use of process improvement methodologies and tools to eliminate defects and/or waste in products and processes, improve costs, cycle time and customer satisfaction.
- Certification in Business Analysis is an added advantage
- Basic to Intermediate level of technical competency in business process mapping design and modeling, as well as in process improvement methodologies and tools.
- Intermediate analytical and creative thinking skills, including the ability to apply and interpret intermediate to complex statistical analysis, competence in collecting and analyzing data, organizing materials and developing appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including oral, written, facilitation, mediation, collaboration and presentation skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently as well to work effectively in a team-based environment,
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and train individuals, as well as serve as a subject-matter-expert, on process improvement tools and techniques.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates who wish to join the Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) in the aforementioned capacity should apply online.
Deadline: 11th March 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda