Senior Customer Relations Officer Jobs – Tugende
Duty Station: Headquarters, Kampala, Uganda
Tugende is a technology enabled asset finance company with a social mission. We provide an affordable path to ownership of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs. Our primary product is a lease to own motorcycle financing package which includes training, life and health insurance, and active support. Tugende currently serves tens of thousands of clients in Uganda and we are preparing to extend our offering into Kenya.
With a market for motorcycle taxis of over 800,000 drivers in East Africa alone, Tugende is expanding rapidly in our core product. We are also building a platform with our staff, branches, data, systems, and deep knowledge of the informal sector, to expand into other asset financing as successfully as we have with our current core product.
Job Summary: The Senior Customer Relation Officer’s main purpose is to make applicants, customers and visitors feel welcome, cared for and respected while having their needs addressed in an empathetic and professional manner. As the initial point of contact for most guests, the Senior Customer Relations Officer is responsible for creating a great first impression of Tugende! You will also ensure that customers continue to have the best experience possible throughout their journey with Tugende.
Tugende’s mission is focused on people: “Helping people help themselves”. As a Senior Customer Relations Officer, you will be responsible for making sure that our customers have the best experience possible throughout their journey with us so that they are in the best position to help themselves. In addition, when customers are happy with their experience, they are more likely to be better customers (e.g. repay better, be more kind to staff), come back for repeat business, and recommend Tugende to others. These outcomes help Tugende achieve its mission and grow as a business!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry monthly Market Feedback Analysis and execute customer-facing surveys every quarter.
- Welcome customers who enter Tugende’s compound and help them meet their needs promptly, professionally, and with empathy
- Resolve customer complaints directly or direct them to the relevant person and function
- Attend to the toll-free line by explaining application procedures, answering questions, confirming prices and receiving feedback.
- Record and track customer inquiries, requests, and complaints in the Customer Feedback log
- Disseminate information about payment plans, promotions etc to customers.
- Interview customers for success stories and encourage completed customers to come for new leases
- Participates in customer relations activities like completion socials and loyalty programs. Help tailor communications to customers
- Identify areas for improvement in customers’ experience with Tugende, and propose and implement solutions
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Tugende Senior Customer Relations Officer job should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Social Work Social Administration from a recognised institution of learning
- Customer care / service training with recognised institutions
- At least 2 years of work experience serving as Senior Customer Relation Officer with a reputable organisation
- Good customer experience track record and the ability to deal with difficult clients.
Skills, Knowledge and abilities
- Strong leadership teams and initiative
- Good computer skills in using G-suite
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Proficiency in at least 2 local languages preferably in Luganda, Lusoga, Runyankole, Atesot, Acholi, Langi and Luteso. An advantage would be given to those who also speak Gishu, Lusoga or Lukonjo
- Good verbal and phone communication skills
- Hold values similar to our own: Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions Oriented and Always growing.
- Confidentiality: Able to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially
- Positive Attitude: maintain a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times
- Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
- Career Trajectory: This is a role with significant leadership potential to grow as the company operations grow. Someone who does this job can be promoted to; Senior System Developer, Coordinator of innovations, Senior Systems developer, among others.
- Career Development: You will constantly develop skills and further your career while working with Tugende by building knowledge and skills using Tugende systems, understanding of lease accounting, Improve computer skills, learning new methods to work with clients and help them overcome repayment challenges, Stay abreast of new innovations and financial services so as to better meet customer needs, participate in programing: Attend career development programs organized by Tugende and learn how to ride a motorcycle
- Hours and compensation: This position is for a full-time employee who can take on additional responsibilities as new tasks and projects come up.
- Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the tools to earn a living for themselves and their families. We are changing the face of the boda industry in Uganda, and proving that young men with little education can take on the responsibility of financing a significant asset and earning a livable wage. Help be part of this movement!
- Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of 250+ Employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our clients. Our headquarters are in Kampala, and we also have offices in Eastern and Western Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Tugende in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th August 2019