Senior Field Officer – Waterloo Project NGO Jobs – Teach A Man To Fish UK
Organization: Teach A Man To Fish UK
Duty Station: Kampala, with travel to Mpigi, Dokolo and Arua (30% travel), Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programs
Salary and benefits: UGX 1,708,000 gross salary per month, medical health insurance for staff + 1 dependant.
About Teach A Man To Fish:
Teach A Man To Fish is guided by a simple, all-encompassing mission: to empower young people with the skills they need to succeed, in school, work, and life. We focus on developing and emerging countries. This is done by supporting schools to set up educational and profitable school businesses that provide real-life hands-on training and experience for students. This empowers student entrepreneurs with critical workplace, entrepreneurship and life skills and mindsets so that they can leave school with the competencies to get a good job or run their own successful business. We are a small organization with a big reach – Since 2006, we’ve created over 300,000 student entrepreneurs and 18,000 enterprising teachers through our global programmes.
About Waterloo Foundation Project:
Teach A Man To Fish has received a 2 year grant from Waterloo Foundation to School Enterprise Challenge for 20 primary and secondary schools in Mpigi District – Central Uganda from 2021 – 2022. This project will follow a group of participating students as well as a comparison group. We will collect quantitative and qualitative data from a study of “Model” School Enterprise Challenge teams in 20 primary and secondary schools in Mpigi district “Model” intervention schools will be selected from a pool of low-resource schools in Mpigi district based on their demonstrated efforts to engage fully in the programme in the previous years. The project will support these school teams directly to follow our School Enterprise Challenge 14-step programme assiduously over the 2-year period.
This will be done providing a two-step training for teachers as student facilitators, a bank of multi-media resources, lesson plans and templates, weekly remote support through SMS, phone calls and email, feedback on business plans and reports, and supportive school visits every two to three weeks when student teams are planning and implementing their business.
Job Summary: The Waterloo Senior Field Officer will lead on the implementation of the Waterloo project in Mpigi District. This will be done whilst ensuring that activities are conducted according to the agreed work plan and budget. This position will be based in Mpigi District and will require some travel to Kampala Head Quarters on a regular basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the MEAL Manager and consultant in pretesting and rolling out the data tracking system developed for Waterloo project.
- Support the Head of Programs in reviewing and adaptation programme training resources and weekly guides.
- Lead on distributing termly airtime and other motivational packages for Waterloo school teachers.
- Coordinate, supervise teacher training at step one and two and ensure the Master Trainers are delivering to expected standards.
- Manage, coach and empower assigned Data Collectors/Monitors and capacity build them to ensure quality experience.
- Conduct regular visits to Waterloo schools in Mpigi at both step one and two for monitoring and supervision of SEC program activities.
- Lead on marketing and sensitization events for the SEC programme in Mpigi district and contribute to achieving registration targets.
- Lead on delivery of all comms activities in Waterloo schools and ensure e-mails, SMS, phone calls and WhatsApp communications delivered according to work plan, with consistent accurate messaging.
- Support the Head of Programs to ensure that Comms and visit trackers in respect of Waterloo project are updated timely.
Finance & Administration 10%
- Support HoP to manage budget and deliver activities within budget limits
- Ensure weekly financial requests and reconciliations submitted on time with 100% accuracy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Teach A Man To Fish UK Senior Field Officer – Waterloo Project job placement must hold a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Commerce, Business Administration, Development Studies, Adult & Community Education, Business Computing, Accounting, or a related field.
- Two to three years of experience in a Field Officer/Program Assistant role or similar role
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- Understanding of basic business concepts, including business planning and business management.
- Ability to use common software packages including Word, Excel, Skype, E-mail
- Proven ability to problem-solve, multi-task and work independently
- Well-developed organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a small team
- Willingness to travel by public transport and work flexibly
- No criminal record (to be evidenced by a letter of good conduct from Interpol)
- Experience in business planning and business management processes
- Experience of teaching or training
- Experience of gender mainstreaming gender equality and inclusion in development programming
- Experience working with education or child protection programmes in the Uganda context
- Knowledge of the local language spoken in Mpigi (Luganda)
- Certificate in programme management, monitoring and evaluation or similar
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a maximum of 4 paged CV and one-page cover letter (combined into a single PDF document). Please be sure to clearly show in your cover letter why you are interested in this job and what makes you the most suitable candidate. Please also include your salary history. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com with “Application: Senior Field Officer – Waterloo Project” in the title of the email.
Deadline: Wednesday 30th December 2020
NB: Do not attach academic documents at this point. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE