Senior Finance Officer – Grants NGO Careers – World Vision International
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer – Grants
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Response Finance Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Senior Finance Officer – Grants will support the Response Finance Manager in the implementation of Financial Systems at the response and projects office levels in providing financial controls and services as a measure of accountability to management. To work with Programs department to ensure that accurate proposal budgets and financial reports are sent to different support offices/donors timely. To ensure that the donor and organizational policies and procedures are adhered to at all times in order to maintain high standards of stewardship and accountability for World Vision and donor resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the response and project accounting staff in grants financial management and internal control procedures and polices in line with WV laid down policies and procedures.
- The jobholder will prepare/Review and analyze monthly and Quarterly grants financial reports for their accuracy and adequacy, before submitting to donors, to ensure that they present a true and fair view of the activities of the grant for the respective period.
- Build capacity of the program/operations staff through giving support in training and enable them understand and interpret grants rules and regulations, and WV financial policies.
- Review projects audit reports with a view of providing an adequate implementation plans which enables the evaluation and affecting of the recommendations as per audit report. Periodically follow up audit recommendation implementations.
- Review the grants related major financial transactions to ascertain that they fall within the approved scope of project activities; donor requirements and that they comply with the financial procedures and FM requirements.
- Review project budgets and cash flows and develop relevant action steps in advising the projects on key issues of budgetary control and cash flow management in line with FM and donor needs.
- Provide guidance and support in developing and preparation of project budgets, development of Project Proposals with a view of advising on key strategic financial implications as per FM and donor requirements.
- Prepare and revise different financial reporting formats to meet the needs of various stakeholders especially programs management and WVI.
- Conduct financial monitoring and reviews on prescribed set of objectives for both ongoing and particularly phasing-out programs and provide advice on strategic steps necessary for smooth phase-out in line with grants phase-out guidelines.
- Manage relationships with grant funder’s finance and administrative staff, ensuring questions arising from grant claims and reports are dealt with on a timely basis and manage grant external audit visits, liaising with auditors as necessary.
- Monitor advances, prepayment, accrual and sub grantee accounts on a monthly basis
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Senior Finance Officer – Grants job opportunity must hold a university degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of three years’ experience in financial accounting role.
- Extensive knowledge of major donors’ regulations and practical experience in grants financial management.
- Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
- Previous experience in establishment and monitoring of budgets, and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems.
- Knowledge of sunsystem accounting package preferred and must have good working knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and team building skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 15th July 2018