Senior Food Assistance Information and Reporting Officer Non-profit Jobs – World Vision International
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Food Assistance Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Senior Food Assistance Information and Reporting Officer will provide overall management supervision of Commodity Tracking System in the country. Ensure that all food and non-food aid projects have adequate capacity to track and account for all the food and non-food items received from various donors from the point of receipt to the final beneficiary using CTS system. The incumbent will ensure compliance with WV Uganda, FPMG and Donor (USAD/FFP, WFP, EC/ECHO etc) requirement regarding accounting and reporting for all donations given to WV Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall operation management of CTS/LMMS and any database management System in all districts implementing food aid and non-food items distribution projects.
- Organize capacity building session for FAIROs and field staff (distribution staff) on the operation of the CTS/LMMS and other computer based programs (LMMS).
- Supervise the FAIROs in the process of data entry and generation of individual district reports. Provide technical backstopping for districts staff in the process of implementing CTS/LMMS.
- Supervise the general management of the beneficiary database in close coordination with the Field team. Ensure data integrity and security.
- Receive CTS data replication/data consolidation from the districts and use it to generate WV Uganda consolidated accurate reports (CSR, RSR, LSR, Donor Receipts, and Returns etc.).
- Submit consolidated reports to Commodity Manager for review and submission to FPMG and Donors before the 7th of every month.
- Collect and submit CTS/LMMS system backups from all FAIROs by 10th every month.
- Collect and archive all CTS/LMMS report and backups (including distribution list) files according to the agreed filling system.
- Design appropriate filling system that will ensure easy storage and retrieval of files and documents from the archive.
- Supervise Monthly uploading of all LMMS backups in the FTP site by 10th of every month.
- Generate and submit accurate CSS, and follow up with NO to ensure its signed and posted in the FGDB on time.
- Supervise the generation of food distribution invoices from all the districts of operation, work with the respective districts staff (Commodity Officers and FAIRO) to ensure that invoices have been processed as per agreed timelines.
- Coordinate with field and M&E teams in the supervision of registration and distribution of LMMS ration cards to different categories of project beneficiaries and ensure all compliance issues are handled.
- Supervise the maintenance and management of the LMMS equipment in all the districts of operation
- Attend 15% of distribution every cycle to ensure compliance and commodity standard are in practice.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Senior Food Assistance Information and Reporting Officer job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology I.T, Computer Science, Accounting or Statistics. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Three years’ working experience in IT or 2 year working experience with a NGO or UN agency in Commodities Tracking /Accounting.
- Working experience in port operations, clearing and forwarding, dispatch and logistics planning, warehousing and storekeeping. Good command of oral and written English.
- Computer literacy is an added advantage. Strong analytical skills. Knowledge of major donor regulations pertaining to commodities accountability and reporting.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 22nd January 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020