Senior HR/Administration Officer International NGO Jobs – ZOA
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ZOA is an international NGO that is inspired by Christian identity and biblical message of reconciliation and restoration of a broken world with its headquarters in the Netherlands. ZOA operates in fifteen countries and on three continents. At ZOA we provide relief to people affected by conflict or natural disasters, contribute to a new perspective of hope in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the recovery of their livelihoods.
Job Summary: The Senior HR/Administration Officer is mainlyresponsible for the HR Management of the ZOA country organization and the administration (logistics, procurement, IT) of the ZOA Kampala office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translation and application of ZOA HR Policy and Guidelines into ZOA Uganda country program;
- Support staff recruitment and selection, contracting and induction, performance monitoring, learning and development, salary system, compensations and facilities, staff well-being, and end of employment
- Organization of up to date staff files;
- Production of monthly staff updates for the financial payroll;
- Organization and responsibility for up to date staff time writing (time sheets);
- Responsible for work permit applications
- Organization of staff related compensation and facilities like insurance coverage;
- Leave record keeping and other staff entitlements in line with the Condition of Service;
- Any other relevant HR duties to be assigned.
- Line management of the guards and support office team at the Kampala office
- Any other relevant administration duties at the Kampala office to be assigned.
- Responsible for logistics at the Kampala office;
- Facilitation of travel arrangements for external ZOA visitors;
- Facilitation of travel arrangements ZOA Kampala staff;
- Asset/store/fleet management Kampala office.
- Support the Kampala office related procurement;
- Support to more comprehensive field-related procurement;
- Key contact person for Kampala office related suppliers.
- Management of laptops and email accounts for ZOA country staff;
- IT Focal Person for ZOA Uganda office for ZOA NL.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ZOA Uganda job placement must hold a Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or other relevant field.
- Extensive knowledge of Uganda labour laws and HRM practices.
- Knowledge of Logistics and procurement.
- A minimum of two years of proven working experience, preferably within NFP sector.
- Excellent command of English.
- Preferably some cross cultural experience in a development setting.
- Result-oriented, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result.
- Pro-active, instead of reactive.
- Puts first things first, knows how to prioritize and achieves this with a personal touch.
- Dares to push ‘the panic button’ when she/he sees that things are going wrong.
- Flexible conduct.
- Customer-friendly attitude.
- Good communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the required qualification, experience, knowledge, skills, attributes and abilities should send their applications to email@example.com. Applications should only include the following: cover letter and an updated CV (with three professional referees) of which two must be 2 professional references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer, and 1 character reference could be your pastor or priest. Please indicate only “Application Senior HR/Administration Officer – Kampala” on the subject line. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5th July, 2019