Senior ICT Officer Job Placement – Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Organisation: Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager ICT
The Electricity Regulatory Authority is a Statutory Body established in the year 2000, in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999, (Chapter 145 of the Laws of Uganda) to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Sale, Export and Import of Electrical Energy in Uganda. ERA is mandated by the Electricity Act, 1999, to issue electricity Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Sale and Import Licenses, set License conditions and ensure compliance to License conditions by Licensees. ERA is also mandated to establish a tariff structure, approve rates of charges among other functions. We are committed to ensuring a sustainable Electricity Supply.
Job Summary: The Senior ICT Officer will mainly facilitate the transition to an Information-Based Work Culture that fosters information sharing as a key Performance Medium. The incumbent will ensure that the operation of the ICT Function is synchronized with the Organizational Strategy and objectives and ensure that ERA Software, Hardware, Servers, and Networks run smoothly. The jobholder will also direct the leveraging of ICT resources over the Organization’s core processes to enhance Organizational performance which will include monitoring the systems’ performance and configuring new Software and Hardware. The incumbent will coordinate the ICT Business Continuity of the Electricity Supply Industry (ESI).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the Server Systems run at maximum performance and efficiency and install necessary Services, Devices, Firewalls, Hardware, and Software.
- Ensure the Security Operations of the ICT Network Infrastructure and the entire System.
- Carry out ERA Data and Information Back-up and update IT Technical Documentation.
- Plan for System Growth, allocate mass storage, and optimize Networking ability to share System Resources in ERA.
- Document and analyze the existing ERA Integrated Information Management System (IIMS) operation to perform troubleshooting of IT Systems on a demand basis.
- Troubleshooting, rectification, and monitoring the performance of the Management Information System including but not limited to Servers, Software, and Hardware.
- Sensitize and train users on capabilities and use of current and future technology in ERA and advise ERA Management on appropriate technology and solutions concerning the prescribed need.
- Develop specifications for all ICT-related purchases, both Software Applications, and Hardware.
- Plan for estimates (based on user needs and future system projects) of Annual ICT Budgets for consideration in the overall ERA Annual Budget paper and recommend to Management the proposed system, solutions, and network upgrades.
- Manage, draw up contracts, coordinate, and supervise all ERA ICT-related service providers, operations, and vendors.
- Develop Internal Best Practice IT Policies and Practices and advise on Sector/Licensees’ ICT-related Practices and Procedures.
- Conduct ICT Audits of the ESI and recommend measures to ensure ICT Business Continuity in the ESI.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Head of Department or Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) Senior ICT Officer job must hold an Honors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology from a recognized University.
- A Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science (or related IT Discipline).
- Management or Business Administration and/or ICT Certifications; ITIL, Prince 2, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, CISA, MSCSA, ICDL, amongst others, will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least Seven (7) Years of relevant/similar working experience in a reputable organization, three of which serving in a Senior position(s).
- Good knowledge of scripting languages.
- Solid understanding of LAN and WAN Networks and excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various operating systems.
- Knowledge of System Security Techniques and Applications.
- Good Team Management abilities, maturity, and emotional intelligence.
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing, and managing ICT solutions of organizational challenges.
- Age: below 40 Years
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application forms online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th June 2020 by 5:00 pm