Senior Internal Auditor, Information Technology Systems Job Placement – Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Organization: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Internal Audit
The Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Co-operatives established by the UNBS Act Cap 327. It is governed by the National Standards Council and headed by the Executive Director who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of UNBS. The mandate of UNBS is to develop, promote and enforce national standards in order to enhance competitiveness of Ugandan products, promote fair trade and protect consumers and the environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Manager Internal Audit, the successful candidate shall be required to perform the following duties;
- Provide input to the annual Information System (IS)/ Information Technology (IT) audit plan to be included in the overall departmental Annual Audit Plan.
- Develop detailed IT audit work plans, information system audit programs/audit tests for specific engagements, audit schedules and risk assessments.
- Conduct all assigned IS/ IT audits end-to-end; including planning, evaluating and documenting the results, reporting and follow up in accordance with the annual audit plan.
- Evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of IT Governance, Risk Management and Controls for the Bureau, particularly on applications and infrastructure security.
- Conduct special IS/ IT project audits, including investigation of fraud and/ or irregularities, as required,
- Conduct IT security audits (e.g. network, operating system and data center), including evaluating if security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated. Coordinate the scope and performance of these reviews with departments and external security experts, where applicable.
- Prepare clear and concise audit reports on audit findings, detect non-compliance with UNBS policies, guidelines, statutory requirements and procedures for discussion with management, and your immediate supervisor before final reports are issued for corrective action.
- Provide first level assurance services on system development and acquisition process of all Information Technology Systems and modules being brought into the UNBS IT environment.
- Conduct assessments on changed, newly added or implemented IT internal controls
- Support Internal Audit Department to optimize the use of existing CAATs (i.e. Teammate, IDEA, EnCase and ACL Audit Exchange audit systems) such as providing internal technical support and knowledge sharing services to all users when necessary.
- Develop and maintain productive client, staff and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Post-Graduate qualification in Information Technology or computer science or a related field from a recognized University
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/ or Technology or related field.
- Professional qualification of Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is a MUST
- Other Professional Information Systems Audit/Security/Risk Certifications such as CISM, CISSP, etc. will be added advantage.
- At least five years of practical experience in areas of IT Audit/Risk/Security preferably with a large corporate environment.
- Possession of technical knowledge in Core information system domains specifically Software development, Networking, Databases (MY SQL and MS SQL), Operating systems & Infrastructure (MS 2016 and above & UNIX related systems), Windows Active Directory and General Computer applications.
- Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of ACL/ IDEA / EnCase and/or Teammate Audit Systems is an added advantage
- Good report writing skills together with basic knowledge of COBIT and best IT industry practices.
- Knowledge of auditing standards and techniques is an added advantage.
- Additionally, good working knowledge in the areas of: information security, IT risk, software development lifecycle, network security, internet/cyber technologies, Computer forensics, ERP Systems and databases will be of added advantage.
- The successful candidate must have a high level of integrity and professionalism, Communication, Teamwork and Analytical skills and needs to be a team player, an excellent communicator with good oral communication and presentation skills.
- Age: Between 30 and 45 years
How to Apply:
All interested persons with the requirements are encouraged to apply as per the guidance below;
Please follow the link, Click Here
- Use your email address for registration
- Fill in all tabs as per the application as required
- Attach your updated CV with mobile telephone numbers indicated, copies of academic qualifications and national identity card under the tab for documents
- Complete your application by clicking ‘submit application’
- No hand delivered applications will be received
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
UNBS does not request for any payments at any stage of recruitment and review process
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 20th November 2020, 5.00pm.