Senior Internal Auditor Job Careers – National Animal Genetic Resources Center and Data Bank (NAGRC & DB)
Organization: National Animal Genetic Resources Center and Data Bank (NAGRC & DB)
Duty Station: Headquarters – Entebbe, Uganda
Reports To: Board
The National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB) was established by the Animal Breeding Act, 2001. It is one of the statutory semi-autonomous bodies of the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF). Formation of NAGRC &DB was part of the fulfilment of the aspirations in the National Animal Breeding Policy (1997), document and the Action Plan for its implementation providing guidelines to all actors in the animal breeding and production value-chain. The actors included input suppliers, farmers, companies, researchers, extension workers and civic leaders on suitable breeds for the various ecological and production systems.
Job Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor will support the planning and execution of technical audit engagements, review, monitor and report on the progress of day- to-day internal audit assurance activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare activity audit plans, execute audit assignments in line with the annual audit work-plan and write audit reports for review by Supervisor.
- Follow up recommendations from previous audits and report on them accordingly.
- Maintain a coordinated and well-referenced audit filing system.
- Undertake technical audit investigations/special audits as tasked by the supervisor.
- Execute any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have a Master’s degree in Commerce, Business administration or their equivalent from a recognized degree awarding institution.
- Specialized post-graduate training in audits from a recognized institution would constitute an added advantage.
- Working experience of at least eight (8) years in animal industry is a prerequisite with at least three years’ experience at senior level in Government or recognized institution
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their CV, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) to;
The Executive Director,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 6th May 2020