Senior Logistics Officer NGO Jobs – Malteser International
Organisation: Malteser International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Job Summary: The Senior Logistics Officer is responsible for all logistics activities in MI Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all MI procurement is completed according to procedures at all times, and completed within the minimum timeframes stipulated in MI policies
- Ensure that an accurate and detailed monthly PR tracking report is circulated to all projects, and that the procurement team provides quick, efficient, and supportive services to projects, with communication regarding difficulties and concerns
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and archiving all documents related to procurement (such as
- PRF, RFQ, CBA, PO and tender documents) keeping both hardcopy and e-files;
- Ensure that procured goods are received, registered and dispatched in an efficient and accountable manner.
- Conduct an evaluation of the provided services and includes observations in the completion report in order to assist in the improvement of procedures and practices related to logistics.
- Manage solicitation processes for all project procurement needs at Kampala and field level including requests for quotations and tenders.
- Support with regional procurement requirements for DRC, South Sudan,
- Prepare consolidated project procurement plan and ensure its followed by the project staff
- Work with the Program teams in the developing PRF specifications.
- Managing supplier prequalification processes and contracting.
- Ensure that all MI transport is handled within the MI policies, and that a monthly car pool report is produced, with full analysis of fuel consumption and maintenance issues to manage the fleet in the most cost effective way
- Ensure that MI transport teams meet all project needs, within the policies given,
- Support Country Administrator in managing travels within Uganda and abroad for MI staff as well as visitors related to MI activities in Uganda, DRC and SSD
- Manage and supervise the provision of transport, organization of daily travel, and implementation of weekly travel plans;
- Ensure the appropriate use, maintenance and repair of all light vehicles, motorcycles and generators
- Ensure that all items moving through stores are handled in accordance with MI policies and procedures, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain proper store documentation for all project materials. Keep updated stock management documents.
- Ensure that an accurate monthly stock report is produced and shared with all projects to facilitate the use of items in stock
- Ensure that an accurate monthly asset register is produced and shared with all projects to facilitate donor reporting and tracking of assets
- Manage the completeness, accuracy and timely update of the Asset Register including supporting documentation, disposal records etc
- Ensures all fixed assets are properly tagged/labelled and recorded in the fixed asset tracking system.
- Coordinates and records transfers and disposals of assets.
- Manage all Officer level positions in logistics, and ensure a motivated, dynamic, result focused team, with clear roles and responsibilities, by providing support, direction and clear decision making on all logistics issues.
- Ensure that all staff are appropriately briefed on key aspects of logistics so as to improve the service provided by logistics, and the communication between teams
- Handle problems arising within logistics teams, and provide creative solutions, working within MI policies
- Be the source of all logistics information in MI Uganda, and work closely with Country Level management on logistics policies and procedures, issues arising, and staffing
- Raise logistics bottlenecks to the supervisor for prioritization.
- Ensure appropriate planning, implememntation, follow-up and evaluation of logistics operations.
- Ensure the overall timely execution of distribution plans as required by the different Malteser’s programs;
- Manage the contracts for all assets that Malteser rents – offices and houses. Write draft contracts, file all completed contracts and ensure re-negotiation of all contracts is carried out in a timely manner;
- Support other team members in making arrangement for events such as workshops, trainings etc
- To recommend and advise on any improvement or changes to these procedures as means of further strengthening best practice adapted to the local context;
- Perform any other task in the frame of procurement/logistics upon request by line manager;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Senior Logistics Officer should possess a university degree in Logistics/Procurement /Business Administration or related field.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in Logistics and supply chain management with good understanding of donor and INGO procedures,
- strong organizational skills;
- computer literate with hands on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- Should have a clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
How to Apply:
Please kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) to email@example.com
Deadline: 18th June 2019