Senior Manager Credit Approval Job Opportunity – DFCU Bank
Job Title: Senior Manager Credit Approval
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Credit & Special Asset Management
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager Credit Approval will lead the approval team and will be responsible for having independent credit sign off on all credits and deal driven credit applications, perform financial analysis and also in-depth credit assessment/evaluation review whilst providing credit approval for all credit, covering various products extending customers within the delegated authority limit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate, review and update the Bank’s credit policies and procedures
- Approve credit applications within delegated authority
- Review and update the new guidelines / regulations / policies released by the regulatory bodies and Head Office applicable to the Bank’s credit risk management
- Responsible for processing evaluation on credit applications and preparing credit opinion/ recommendation / commentary for senior management when higher level of approval authority is required.
- Provide advice to business units in structuring credit / loan transactions and perform credit analysis.
- Identify and highlight exceptions against the Bank’s lending policy / standard terms and conditions being offered to credit applicants
- Periodically representing the Credit Department in meetings and forums as may be assigned by Head of Credit.
- Manage and monitor loan portfolio, ensure credit quality and full compliance of Bank’s policies and lending guidelines
- Perform credit review
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Senior Manager Credit Approval job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Banking, business or related subjects
- Credit certification
- Seven years of experience, five of which have been in Credit Approval/Analyst function within corporate banking field, previous experience in corporate banking will be considered as well
- Strong understanding of mid cap /large corporate
- Well-versed in traditional banking and trade products, as well as treasury and more complex solutions
- Fluent in English, Strong English writing skills and credit sense
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 25th September 2018
NB: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.