Senior M&E Officer Non-profit Job Careers – International Lifeline Fund (Lifeline)
Organization: International Lifeline Fund (Lifeline)
Duty Station: Uganda
International Lifeline Fund (Lifeline) is a non-profit organization that began working in refugee and displacement camps, emergency settings, and emerging markets in 2003 to enable sustainable access to fuel-efficient cooking technologies and reliable safe water. Lifeline operates under the conviction that many of the core problems underpinning global poverty – such as lack of access to efficient cooking technologies and clean water – can be addressed through market forces that sustain community-driven economic growth and livelihood benefits. With all our initiatives, Lifeline’s approach engages community stakeholders in the design, ownership, and long-term profit of these natural resource enterprises.
Job Summary: Under the overall guidance of the Senior Program Manager-WASH and Senior Program Manager-Environment, the Senior M&E Officer will be responsible for leading the monitoring and evaluation of high quality WASH and humanitarian energy projects, and support the data management of the EverFlow Africa water point maintenance and repair social enterprise, as needed. The Senior M&E Officer will keep the team up to date in terms of data capturing tools, data security, and the EverFlow business system. This position will work in close collaboration with the WASH department, Environment department, EverFlow team, and program management at both the Uganda country and global office levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in development of project log frame matrices, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurements.
- Lead the WASH and Environment teams’ utility and maintenance of the mWater database (and Solstice database, if needed) to accurately capture and analyze project and program data. Periodically review and revise the systems so that they are adapted appropriately to the requirements of the projects and programs.
- Lead a team of enumerators to collect data on a regular basis to measure achievements against performance indicators.
- Ensure relevant and timely M&E data is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders.
- Analyze M&E data for both learning and reporting purposes and provide Lifeline staff and its partners with evidence-based feedback (strengths and gaps) on a regular basis. Produce monthly and quarterly reports and prepare presentations based on M&E data, as required.
- Suggest improvements to the current M&E frameworks, as needed, to align program goals with performance indicators. For example, upgrading needs assessment surveys, baseline surveys, project progress reports, impact assessments, and final evaluations.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative and quantitative outputs of the project and improve project performance using M&E findings.
- Assist Program managers to prepare project workplans & consolidate organizational wide annual workplans.
- Provide Lifeline team in-house trainings on adopted M&E methodologies and relevant techniques.
- Work closely with the WASH, Environment, and EverFlow teams to achieve any other program objectives, as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- At least three years of professional working experience with a reputable organization, and a post-graduate degree in M&E from a recognized university, is preferred.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills, able to present analysis in written and graphic format
- Demonstrable experience in project planning and performance measurement including KPI selection, target setting, and developing an M&E plan.
- Knowledge of various evaluation, data collection and analysis methodologies, and how to strategically apply these methodologies given their relative strengths and drawbacks.
- Strong working knowledge of the mWater and/or Solstice platforms and at least one statistical software program (e.g., SPSS, STATA, SAS) is preferred.
- Operate as an ethical, responsible, hard-working, and self-driven professional in a team setting.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates please send a copy of your cover letter, resume and academic credentials to our office by e-mail to HR@lifelinefund.org and Babra@lifelinefund.org.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted
Deadline: 31st July 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE