Senior Procurement Officer Employment Opportunity – Case Hospital
Organisation: Case Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Case Hospital is an 80-bed modern facility equipped with the latest technologies in health-care. Case is a full-service hospital with dedicated and professional staff; state-of-the-art Operating Theatre, Intensive Care Unit, Dialysis Unit, Children’s Ward, Full range of imaging: Digital X-ray, Flouroscopy, CT Scan, MRI, Mammogram, Cardiography, Ultra sound, Laboratories, Immunization and HIV management. The facility is renowned for excellence in all medical specialties with both out-patient and in-patients’ care. Other services include physiotherapy, ambulance services and a dedicated Labor-Suite with antenatal and postnatal care. The facility is open 24 hours, seven days a week.
Job Summary: The Senior Procurement Officer is a supply chain and logistics professional with specificity in ensuring cost-effective purchase of all materials and services as required by the procurement plan whilst ensuring quality control and compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures. The Senior Procurement Officer’s responsibilities include strategizing to find quality and cost-effective purchases. He/she ensures an efficient and effective supply chain for the hospital.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Put together new contracts and service delivery agreements.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the Hospital
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a BSc degree in supply chain management and logistics
- Must also be a member the Chartered Institutes of Procurement and Supply ( CIPS)
- A minimum of three years of proven working experience as a Senior Procurement Officer or Procurement Manager
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 22nd May 2019
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.