Senior Procurement Officer, Innovation and Digitalization Jobs – Watoto Church Ministries
Organisation: Watoto Church Ministries
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Watoto Church Ministries and Community Care has experienced exponential growth in the past couple of years composed of multiple Celebration Centres (Campuses) and diverse Community care initiatives that include; Child Care, Community and Neighbourhood, Education and FM Radio amongst others. In all of this, Watoto remains a local church, committed to celebrating Christ and caring for community.
Job Summary: The Senior Procurement Officer, Innovation and Digitalization will spearhead and manage the decentralization strategy and digitalization of the procurement function in the key aspects i.e. e-procurement system, ERR procurement portal and e-Document Management system in Watoto Ministries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Innovation and Digitalization
- Manage the e-market including on-line prequalification of service providers and ensure value for money for Watoto procurements.
- Develop, maintain, and update e-Annual Master Procurement Plan developed on Campus based procurement plans.
- Manage the Procurement Portal.
- Determine procurement performance indicators and milestones to be used in the monitoring and assessing progress in the implementation of the Annual Master Procurement Plan.
- Ensure that the market structure and commodity variances are continuously monitored and verified with appropriate stake holders.
- Ensure that campuses undertake procurement planning using e-Procurement system
- Undertake procurement research to identify procurement solutions that foster creativity and innovation.
- Support decentralisation of the procurement function in Watoto Ministries.
- Participate in the department budget planning process and develop quarterly e-procurement work plans.
- Ensure compliance to the standard operating procedures, procurement, and disposal policy.
- Ensure that all procurement operations are carried out in accordance with the procurement plan as approved by the Church Council.
- Design and implement an electronic document management system.
- Manage migration of data (files, forms, contracts etc) from manual processes to the electronic format.
- Manage the e-prequalification of services providers, on-line and reverse bidding process in the e-procurement system.
- Support and consolidate the development of Campus-based e-procurement plans into the Annual Master Procurement Plan.
- Build capacity of the Campuses in management of procurement activities at decentralised level.
- Undertake compliance checks and monitor implementation of the e-Procurement plans at campus level.
- Assist senior and line management by providing expert guidance to understand and implement e-procurement system.
- Co-ordinate activities with the other departments in the procurement and disposal process, especially in the preparation of Terms of Reference & Specifications.
- Continually source for cost-effective supplies, works and services.
- Co-ordinate arrangements for the negotiation process where necessary and post monthly savings.
- Maintain an e-database for monitoring performance of all service providers and manage supplier relationships.
- Ensure proper record keeping using e-document management system.
Human resource management and development
- Ensure new staff in the department are properly oriented and performance standards well explained.
- Ensure that staff under your supervision have clear performance standards and are appraised as per the Human Resource Policy.
- Train, coach, and mentor staff under your supervision in the department and campuses to deliver high performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Economics or a relevant discipline.
- Membership of a professional body.
- A minimum of three years’ working experience in a reputable organization.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications and database management.
- Management Information systems.
- Must be willing to live up to organisational values, confident and
- Should possess the ability to write and present analytical and informative reports.
- Should be a good communicator, must have a high level of integrity, confidentiality, trust, good work ethics and sound judgement.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 19th October 2022
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda