Senior Program Officer RMNCAH/SRH NGO Careers – Amref Health Africa
Organization: Amref Health Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organization based in Africa. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and Western Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by increasing sustainable health access to communities in Africa through solutions in human resources for health, health service delivery, and investments in health. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The Senior Program Officer-RMNCAH/SRH will be responsible for providing management and technical assistance in day to day implementation of the Amref Health Africa, Uganda’s supported projects. He/She will support the program manager in business development, networking and partnership management; specifically active participation in the relevant technical working groups-TWGs at the ministry of health. The Senior Program Officer will supervise project managers and will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the achievement of specific project goals and objectives are attained timely and in the desired quality. The Officer is expected to support routine planning and implementation of field level projects’ activities; coordinate and monitor/supervise timely implementation of project activities at project implementation area. He/She will be responsible for organizing and conducting skills enhancing supportive supervision (e.g., training follow up/ technical support) to the field projects management staff and Amref supported partners. He/She will support/assist in the preparation of timely monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports to the country office and donors. The Senior Program Officer shall be based at the Amref Uganda office in Kampala, with frequent trips to the field.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the program manager in the RMNCAH program strategy development and implementation;
- Participates in the overall project design, planning, launching, implementation and assist in coordinating assessments, trainings, review meetings and monitoring in line with Amref’s values and principles;
- Provides over all assistance in the development of detailed project implementation annual, periodic plans and budgets specifically for RMNCAH/SRH projects
- Supports the program manager to ensure that Amref is represented at local, district, national and international levels that are relevant to Amref work in RMNCAH/SRH;
- With support from the program manager, liaises and networks with relevant Amref partners and collaborators to improve Amref Uganda’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda;
- Assists the program manager to ensure programme growth by participating in the development of new project initiatives;
- Supports monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project implementation reports based on agreed priority areas, work plans and budgets
Operations Research and knowledge management:
- Works with the program manager to support the project teams to develop and conduct appropriate Operations Research in the programme;
- Responsible for maintaining confidential files and information regarding the assigned projects
Accountability & Human Resource Management:
- Provide supervision to project staff to ensure compliance with AMREF’s policies and procedures;
- Conduct periodic staff performance appraisal in accordance with AMREF’ s appraisal policy
- Supports the program manager to develop a participatory and supportive Amref team to ensure innovation and professional growth through Building team spirit to increase productivity
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Ensures that periodic project reviews are done with key stakeholders/partners
- Guide the project teams while designing/preparing for project reviews/evaluations
- Responsible for assigned budgets and assets in the programme
- Supports project managers with budget management and tracking, liaising with the program accountants
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Medical degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Nursing/midwifery with minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- Commendable experience in designing, overseeing, and implementing in RMNCAH/SRH projects in public health and health service delivery, preferably in NGOs;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in RMNCAH/SRH particularly with training and strategies;
- Experience with and understanding of the different levels of the Uganda health system and structure
- Demonstrated experience to effectively provide technical assistance, competency-based, advocacy and gender-related programming
- Must demonstrate strong interest, passion and commitment to work with adolescents and youths;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork, partnering, and consensus-building skills;
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively safeguarding children and vulnerable populations.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates Please send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Business Partner, Amref Health Africa in Uganda through email@example.com
Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding at the workplace and does not tolerate any form of abuse, discrimination or harassment.
Deadline: 24th August 2020