Senior Research and Market Development Officer Job Placement – Capital Markets Authority (CMA)
Organization: Capital Markets Authority (CMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Research and Market Development
The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is a statutory body, established in 1996 by the Capital Markets Authority Act (Cap 84) as amended, to promote, develop and regulate the capital markets industry. CMA is governed by a Board of Directors appointed by the Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic Development. The work of the CMA is also governed by the Securities Central Depositories Act, 2009 and the Collective Investment Schemes Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Senior Research and Market Development Officer will initiate and implement capital market development activities under the capital markets development master plan
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee initiatives aimed at fostering the growth of the public and private equity capital markets in Uganda.
- Initiate and coordinate the development and regulatory initiatives aimed at growing the bond market.
- Coordinate development initiatives aimed at developing the collective investment scheme sector.
- Generate case studies of success stories of market based financing and ensure these are disseminated.
- Work closely with partners to implement activities under the deal flow facility that seeks to prepare business enterprises to tap into market based financing.
- Coordinate the implementation of the ten-year capital markets development master plan. This shall also entail engaging and providing support to implementing partners for the master plan.
- Develop briefs and research reports for engagement of different stakeholders to facilitate the development of Uganda’s capital markets.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) Senior Research and Market Development Officer employment opportunity should hold a Masters’ Degree in Economics, Finance, Financial Economics, Statistics or any other relevant discipline. An upper second or first class Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution/university in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration or any other related subject. Possession of partial professional qualification from professional bodies such as the CFA institute and CISI will be an added advantage.
- At least four (4) years’ relevant research work experience preferably in the financial sector or government agencies with broad knowledge or interest in financial services in general, and capital markets in particular.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to read extensively and learn fast;
- Ability to initiate and execute projects with minimum supervision;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage effectively under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated and results driven;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office – power point, excel, word.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should hand deliver or send via email (in standard file types, namely Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat (pdf) in a single attachment, and should not exceed 10MB) their applications together with a recent CV (with 3 references), copies of academic transcripts and/or certificates addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
Capital Markets Authority,
8th Floor, Jubilee Insurance Center,
Plot 14 Parliament Avenue, P.O Box 24565 Kampala.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Your application will only be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the above stated requirements, including submission of documents in standard file types. Zipped files, links and / or multiple attachments are not acceptable.
Deadline: 28th August 2020 by 5:00pm