Several A’ Level No Experience US Embassy Jobs – Local Internship with the Education USA program
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Position Number: Kampala-2019-015- RA2
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Intern will assist the Education USA Advisor in order to expand the program’s reach. The intern would be responsible for assisting in planning Education USA events, monitoring computer usage in the Education USA Center, responding to basic public inquiries, scheduling appointments, contributing to the newsletter, record keeping, staffing the Education USA booth at public events, assisting with Education USA appointment questionnaire and supervising practice Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) sessions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage intake questionnaires for individual EducationUSA advising sessions
- Answer basic questions regarding EducationUSA advising services from callers or walk-in clients
- Staff EducationUSA outreach booths at public events
- Assist with event/workshop set up and break down
- Assist in managing the EducationUSA resource library, including collection management, by checking out materials and accepting returns
- Proctor SAT practice tests
- Monitor computer usage in the EducationUSA center
- Perform basic administrative office tasks
- Maintain the appearance of the EducationUSA center
- Act as a back up to the EducationUSA Advisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Unpaid Local Internship with the Education USA program job opportunity should have completed senior six and currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution with good academic standing (official transcripts and a letter from the registrar will be required).
- Previous participation in at least five different Education USA programs/workshops.
- General Knowledge of administrative and office procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a culturally diverse public and to work under pressure.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Internet.
- Age: between 18-25 years old, enrolled as students, and be willing to work part-time for a maximum period of six months.
- Language: (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required. This may be tested.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- A Statement of Interest and a Gratuitous Service Agreement
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Any other documentation (e.g. essays, transcripts/certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Applications must have the position title in the subject line.
Submit application to:
Human Resources Office
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf). Please send all documents as attachments to a single email. Multiple emails will be discarded.
Deadline: 26th May 2020