Several Accounts Officer – Revenue Job Careers – Uganda Airlines
Organisation: Uganda Airlines
Duty Station: Entebbe International Airport, Uganda
Reports to: Revenue Accountant
Uganda Airlines is the National Carrier of the Republic of Uganda based at Entebbe International Airport. It is headquartered in Entebbe, Wakiso District, Uganda, and operates from its hub in Entebbe International Airport.
Job Summary: The Accounts Officer – Revenue is responsible for accounting for the Airlines sales, revenue from uplifted passengers and interline sales/bills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in the department, policies and procedures; ensures all behaviors comply with Uganda Airlines rules and regulations
- Process billings for both inward and outwards invoices both passenger tickets and miscellaneous billings.
- Billing through Simplified Interline settlements to other airlines
- Preparation of all ICH data costs statistics and analysis for management use
- Preparation cargo Handling revenues on weekly level and reporting them at the Month-end
- Maintain all electronic and manual company revenue documents for future reference
- Maintenance of revenue accounting system master data files in the system
- Handle all passenger and miscellaneous billing through ICH to ensure the efficiency of the billing system
- Reconcile all clearing accounts for interline accounts timely
- Liaise with interline billing parties and expenditure section for reporting
- Attend ICH rejection with great care to reduce to the level of any other possible over billings
- Match invoices from other billings with ICH to check authenticity and accuracy
- Ensure ICH correspondences are handled timely
- Ensure completeness and accuracy in all miscellaneous documents
- Ensure proper communication with all other airlines and station accountants
- Produce weekly and monthly ICH billings on ICH billings costs for data system and other costs
- Oversee the accuracy of data captured in the financial accounting system
- Reconciliation of all BSP agent sales to the settlements received
- Monthly reconciliation of Airport service charges for the various Airports
- Preparation of daily sales and revenue reports and reconciliations.
- Managing the non-IATA agents stock and agreed floats
- Follow up on recovery of credit sales from customers as per company policies and agreed terms.
- Daily sales reconciliation with the company’s GSA’s across the network
- Monthly reconciliation of the forward sales account and all sales related clearing accounts.
- Handle any other tasks that may be assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Airlines Accounts Officer – Revenue job placement must hold a Degree in Business Management, Statistics, Accounting, and Finance.
- A minimum of three years of experience.
- Level two ACCA or CPA and use of at least two accounting systems/software.
- Previous work experience in Aviation’s revenue accounting function is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Should enjoy working in a team whilst being able to work independently on assigned projects.
- General accounting knowledge
- Proficiency in data entry
- Attention to detail
- You should also have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Uganda Airlines should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online, Click Hereor by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 15th August 2019