Several Field Assistant NGO Job Vacancies – WEI/Bantwana
Reports to: Gender & Development Officer
Duty Station: Uganda
WEI/Bantwana Initiative is a Non-Governmental Organization that helps families and children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual plans for activity implementation based on approved budgets.
- Actively participate in regular field data collection through appropriate monitoring tools on programme intervention.
- Support in the identification and mobilization of VSLA groups
- Carry out assessment of beneficiary households to identify specific household needs for programme support.
- Support in timely implementation of activities from the approved annual plans and budgets.
- Support the mobilization and training of existing community structures as per the programme strategy needs.
- Document family and child success stories on programme intervention.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold diplomas in social science/development studies, community psychology and related field including other relevant professional course from a recognized institution
- A minimum of three years’ experience in community development work with a reputable organization.
- Knowledge of participatory approaches to community mobilization and engagement.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
- Previous experience in facilitating meetings to reach a goal or consensus.
- Able to create strong partnerships quickly.
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and show professional judgment in carrying out assigned task.
- Ability to function as a productive member of a result oriented team is important.
- Hold a valid riding permit.
- Must be a resident of the specified sub-county (Fort Portal)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and CVs (detailing responsibilities carried out in previous positions) to the Human Resource Manager, World Education Inc. Bantwana through the following Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate clearly on the application subject line the position applied for easy reference. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15th February 2019 by 5:00pm