Several Fresh Graduate Jobs – Electrical Engineers – Ministry of Lands, Housing & Urban Development
Organization: Public Service Commission
Placement Organization: Ministry of Lands, Housing & Urban Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Public Service Commission is established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. In fulfillment of its functions under Article 166, the Commission is required to make a report to Parliament in respect of each year’s performance of its functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Electrical Engineer for performing the following duties:-
- Drafting preliminary and detailed electrical engineering and installation designs and operational procedures for handling projects and building works;
- Researching on and reporting on implementation of housing policies, laws and standards and regulations that relate to electrical engineering and installation;
- Participating in the drafting Terms of Reference for housing projects and programs;
- Attending site and other technical meetings and producing minutes; drafting work plans and budgets for the electrical engineering and installation function in the Division;
- Preparing draft Terms of Reference for engagement of Consultants by Government;
- Participating in organizing and implementing training programmes and activities for Local Governments and other stakeholders on matters regarding or incidental to electrical engineering and installation;
- Supervising and reporting on electrical engineering and installation works in Government housing projects;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Age: Above 21 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online, Click Here
- Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) on-line.
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
- Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from their Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
Deadline: 2nd December 2020