Several Fresher Field Assistant NGO Jobs – Association for Aid and Relief (AAR Japan)
Organisation: Association for Aid and Relief (AAR Japan)
Duty Station: Uganda
Salary Range (Gross): UGX 825,000 –1,150,000 per month (depending on the experience and skill of a candidate)
Association for Aid and Relief (AAR Japan) was founded in 1979 by Yukika SOHMA, our first chairperson, with a mission to help refugees from Indochina, and as a civil organization without any political, religious, or ideological affiliations. It has since then grown into an international organization approved and registered by the United Nations. AAR Japan has five main pillars of activities; 1) emergency assistance, 2) assistance to persons with disabilities, 3) landmine and unexploded ordnance (UXO) action, 4) action against infectious diseases and 5) public awareness raising about global issues in Japan. Since the beginning, AAR Japan has operated in over 60 countries. Currently we are active in 15 countries and areas, including 4 African countries namely Kenya, Zambia, Sudan and Uganda.
Job Summary: The Field Assistant will manage and accomplish assigned project activities from planning, procurement, mobilization, budget and asset control, implementation and reporting, and other assignments relevant to our project in education and protection area. The person will be based in Yumbe, but may have frequent business trips to Kampala, Arua, and Moyo District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Field Officers to coordinate with schools, local authorities, donors, communities and other stakeholders and partner organizations in regard to AAR Japan’s projects;
- Assist Field Officers in school management including but not limited to management of teachers, school facilities, enrolment and attendance, exams and community involvement, follow-ups, maintenance of school facilities by performing data collection, communication, mobilization and drafting reports;
- Assist Field Officers to coordinate distribution of scholastic, school and administrative materials to pupils and teachers in the settlement and host community;
- Assist Field Officers to identify children with disabilities and provide adequate supports to strengthen their access to education;
- Assist in data analytics and data management and compile it as a report and presentation to assess the objective situation and trends in the settlement;
- Assist in organizing trainings for teachers and local communities, class management trainings, career guidance, counseling sessions, orientations, and any necessary trainings and activities;
- Assist in organizing club activities for primary and secondary school pupils both from refugee settlement and host community;
- Accompany when Field Officers attend and/or participate in meetings, monitoring, and other events as a representative of AAR Japan;
- Perform administrative, logistic, financial or any other duties if requested by supervisors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Education, Gender, Social Work, Project Management, Community Based Development, Social Sciences, Data Analytics, and Statistics.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in project planning and management or related field in a reputable firm, public body or NGO.
- Experience in community identification, mobilization, and sensitization approaches preferably in education, child protection, gender interventions.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably of a language commonly used in South Sudan.
- Good Computer Skills, especially in Word and Excel and knowledge of other databases, preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the identification of children with disabilities and the promotion of girls’ education are preferred.
- Experience in data collection, analytics, and management with a proven capacity of strategical, logical and lateral thinking.
- Ugandan citizen, residing in Uganda and able to station in Yumbe.
- Able to travel to Arua district, Moyo district (Field Offices), or Kampala, or other districts at supervisors’ instructions
- High integrity, self-driven, able to work under challenging circumstances, and able to complete assignments with tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested individuals should submit their application to email@example.com or hand deliver their application to AAR Japan Yumbe Office (*Incomplete application shall not be considered.)
- The Subject Name for the email shall be: “Field Assistant _Name”
- Cover Letter (Shall not exceed one A4 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of academic and work certificates
Deadline: 30th April 2019