Several Fresher Laboratory Assistant US Non-profit Jobs – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Laboratory Assistant will ensure that laboratory services of the health facility, are well planned for, provided with necessary resources and implemented in accordance with set policies and standards. They will ensure that laboratory services at the site are well managed, laboratory investigations on clients are carried out, the required health quality control of laboratory reagents and equipment is maintained and laboratory reagents and supplies are effectively used.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out phlebotomy for all tests to be conducted;
- Receive/collect, lab samples and analyse/test them;
- Keep accurate records and confidentiality of tests conducted;
- Carry out laboratory tests and produce accurate results;
- Participate in development/updating and implementation of laboratory standard operation procedures (SOPs);
- Participate in report writing by compiling reports on tests carried out at the health facility laboratory;
- Carry out quality control of laboratory reagents and equipment;
- Assist in drawing-up laboratory plans and budgets;
- Mentor the laboratory volunteers, and any other trainees;
- Ensure safety of clients in the laboratory.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Laboratory Assistant job must hold a Certificate in Laboratory technology or diagnostics
- At least two years working experience in in a similar position
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 16th May 2020