Several Fresher Project Officer Livelihood NGO Jobs – Save the Children International
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: The Project Officer Livelihoods will be responsible for leading, supervising and facilitating the smooth running of the SCI ECD centre based Savings building on the VSLA model, and Income Generating Activities (IGAs) intended to contribute towards economic empowerment and ECD centre sustainability by mobilizing and building capacity of parents, CMC members and other stakeholders to establish and maintain successful enterprises. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly. He / she will be based in Rwamwanja-Kamwenge
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Save the Children Project Officer Livelihood job must hold a University degree in Business Administration, Community Development Studies, Socio-Economic Development, or another related field.
- At least two years’ experience in implementation of Livelihoods projects with humanitarian program in the fields of livelihoods with at least 1-years’ experience engaging with refugees or other vulnerable populations, community groups in economic strengthening interventions.
- Excellent command of the most common methodologies to identify, assess and monitor livelihood activities, with proven record of achievements
- Experience in advocating, mobilizing and working with multiple stakeholders, including Community groups, private sector, development agencies, government authorities, NGOs and social enterprises, in sub-sectors relevant to livelihood engagement e.g. microfinance, local economic development, micro-finance, poverty reduction, agriculture, livestock, vocational and technical education and training, etc.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th May 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE